Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Things I blame on others...

  • I blame liking owning certain songs on my wife. Sometimes I get nervous someone will try to revoke my man card by questioning a song that I like.  Lucky for me I have a wife. When someone gets in my car and you know Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson, or New Kids on the Block are blaring from my stereo I can say..."my wife likes this song" and then quickly turn it off. 
  • Farts, gas, poots, fluffs, or put puts...it doesn't really matter what you call it I will blame it on someone else.  I know everyone does it but I live with the motto "whoever smelt it dealt it." If I do let one slip I will I hope to God that it doesn't smell.  If it does I will wait till someone responds and then hit em with "whoever smelt it dealt it." Works every time.
  • There are times when I feel like I'm right and my wife feels like she is right.  We both can be a little stubborn.  Entering our second year of marriage we found that we often wasted time arguing debating about pointless things like who left the iron on.  One day we just decided to start blaming things like this on other people. It's our way of saying, "I think I'm right but it's not worth arguing about."
I'm all for taking personal responsibility, but sometimes it's just better to blame someone else.  Agree or disagree?

8 comments:

  1. None of those things really are significant issues...problem I have is that if I blame stupid stuff on other people, I blame big stuff on other people...not sure it's anymore noble, but I just go with silence

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you do in the small things....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you live alone, it's hard to find someone else to blame. Sometimes I have been known to blame an intruder. "The remote is gone, someone broke in and took it!". Of course, they touched nothing else in the house. I know, pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blame everything on the dog, so I don't blame a person...

    In seriousness, not accepting responsibility for our actions and always looking to find who's 'fault' things are is ruining our country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if you keep a reality check, and know that you are "blaming" someone else just in fun, there's no harm done (assuming it's done with a sense of humor). And as long as you know to take responsibility when you need to.

    I personally think that people can distinguish between when it's appropriate to jokingly blame others and when they need to take real responsibility. But there are lots of people who do blame others for everything. I think that's another whole issue, and I don't think what you are talking about will lead to that. I suppose it could be a slippery slope for some, but I don't think it is necessarily, if your head is on straight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instead of the "whoever smelt it dealt it line" as soon as I let one go I turn to someone else and ask if they farted. Works like a charm to get me off the hook.

    I think we need to take responsibility for everything that we are at fault for. As men of integrity we have a lot at risk. We need to admit liking kelly clarkson or that you left the iron on and then apologize for it. Hey, I like clay aiken? Sorry.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have one poor soul in our house who gets blamed for EVERYTHING!!!! His/her name is: "NOT ME"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been known to divert blame. When we go to the store and I want to get some sugary junk food that I know my wife won't approve of, I'll distract her and then drop it in the basket. When we get to the checkout line and she notices it, I blame it on some kid who ran by and dropped it in. It hasn't worked yet, but maybe if I keep trying she'll believe me one day.

    In seriousness, though, I gotta go with DP on this one. I'm tired of seeing all these congressional hearings every time something goes wrong - they're spending more time trying to fix blame than fix the problem...whew, there's my mini-rant for the day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.