Friday, June 18, 2010

Last Night

So what'd you do last night? For most of you it was probably a regular Thursday night, minus must see Television.  It's summer so all the great TV shows are playing re-runs. For the Shepherd household it was anything but a normal Thursday night.  Last night was game 7 of the NBA Finals. 

My night started by eating a Kobe burger.  My wife, Monica, and I went to a restaurant to celebrate a friend's birthday.  I saw a Kobe burger on the menu and I felt like it was only right to eat it.  I added bacon to the burger for Pau Gasol.  Everyone calls the Lakers big man greasy, so I thought I'd honor him and eat some greasy bacon. 

The game didn't start till 9:00 PM.  Around tip off some friends came over to watch the epic battle.  Now these aren't just any friends.  These are friends who don't really like the NBA or the Lakers, yet they cheer like they have been life long fans.  These friends come over to show their support for my favorite team.  It means a lot to me that they'd stay up till midnight on a school night.  One of them went all out to celebrate game 7. Here are some pics of the historic night...by the way the Lakers won!

Pictured Above: Jamey Menser - with his face painted purple and gold!

Pictured Above: Jamey and Courtney.  Jamey and Courtney would jokingly argue about which one was a bigger Lakers fan. 
Pictured Above: Jamey then revealed how passionate he really was for the Lakers.

Pictured Above: Courtney admitting defeat to Jamey being the number one fan. I mean how do you compete with this?

Pictured Above: Rob during the fourth quarter. It wasn't looking good for most of it.

Pictured Above: Kobe Bryant trying to figure out why Luke Walton has his own bobble head?

Pictured Above: Rob, Carlyn, Lindsey, and Courtney celebrating a Lakers victory. There was some loud yelling around midnight at my house.

Pictured Above: Jamey and Rob showing their support for the champs. I think this was my first time smiling all night.

7 comments:

  1. Wait, I did not know you were a Lakers fan. I had heard that you were spotted at the Garden just a few days ago. Sounds like a classic case of bandwagon jumping to me! For shame, for shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Daniel, I was wearing a Lakers jersey in the garden. I basically risked my life to show my support. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, I love the picture of you with your head buried in your hands. I've been in that position many times watching the Steelers play. Nothing says pure anxiety more than that. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, BTW, Congrats on the Lakers win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad the Lakers pulled out that win for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i figured you would be pretty excited...smiles. happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob, wish we could enjoy the Lakers win with you. However it is true (I questioned Dan's brother this weekend), Dan has been a Celtics fan since he was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.