Monday, June 14, 2010

A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

I felt like I was in the middle of a legion of soldiers gearing up for battle.  The atmosphere was electric. The battle cries were unanimous. The problem was I was rooting for the enemy.  Last Thursday my wife, Monica, and I went to Boston to see game 4 of the NBA Finals.  Being a HUGE Lakers fan I felt like a sheep in wolf's clothing.  I was nervous that at any moment the crowd would eat me alive. 

I debated on whether or not I should wear a Lakers jersey to a Boston Celtics game.  I decided that I would wear a jersey but I would cover it with a green polo.  As soon as we got to our seats I unveiled my jersey.  Throughout the night there was some playful heckling from the Celtics fans around us.  At one point, after a Lakers score, Monica let out a "WHOOOO."  The fan next to her told her, "you might want to try to contain those. I'll do my best to protect you."

The game was an amazing experience. Even though the Lakers lost the game we had a blast.  Speaking of the loss, as soon as the game was over I pulled back out the green polo and covered my jersey.  The Celtics fans around me applauded my move. I think I won their respect with that move because they kept telling me how smart I was to cover my jersey.

Pictured Above: Rob giving the Celtics a thumbs down.

Pictured Above: In the hotel with my green polo

Pictured Above: Unveiling my true colors

Pictured Above: Monica at the NBA Finals

Pictured Above: The start of the unveiling at the game



Pictured Above: Rob folding the green polo. It would stay hidden until the Lakers lost.

Pictured Above: Rock'n a Lakers jersey in the TD Boston Garden

Pictured Above: Rob and Monica

Pictured Above: The game! The Celtics fans love to yell things like, "Kobe Sucks," "F#$k Kobe," and "Ugly Sister." That last chant was to Lamar Odom who is married to one of the Kardashian sisters.

Pictured Above: Pau shooting free throws to the chant of "USA." The Boston fans were pretty witty. He's from Spain.

Pictured Above: Monica and Rob after the loss.

Even though they lost the game it was an amazing experience. I just hope the Lakers win the series! 

6 comments:

  1. Love the action shots! I am so happy you got to go and can mark it off your list of have to do things :)
    My favorite picture is the one with you flashing the jersey ...the smile on your face is almost as happy as if the lakers had won! You are like a sheepasaur rex ...but we already knew that :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are freakin' cosmopolitan. Jumping from cool, happenin' place to another. So jealous. But, don't worry about the scores of individual games, it's all rigged anyway. 7 game series maximize the T.V. revenue and sell the league and its merchandise. Because I am uber-important, David (Dave) Stern has already told me the outcome of the series (and the final score). I won't give it away, no matter how much you beg though until after the last game has been played.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love living life with you! What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you got to go and had fun with it...great shots as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a brave man! way to wear your colors and support your team. but way to play it safe afterwards. glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to agree with Daniel. You get to do some cool stuff!

    Glad you had fun...

    [ps] This seems like the longest NBA finals in history.

    //TC//

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.