Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Indiana Jones

Someone told me they were surprised that I didn't post my thoughts on the new Indiana Jones flick. I didn't want to spoil anything or taint anyone else's viewing pleasure because of my thoughts, so I waited until now. I am incredibly hard on movies. I often leave a movie picking it apart and talking about how bad it was, while everyone else that I am with talks about how great a movie it was (examples include Transformers, X-Men 3, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3).

Here is my review. It is not as good as Indy 1-3. There are some good scenes and it was fun to see Harrison Ford reprise the role. George Lucas was clear that he wanted this to feel like a 50's movie. They succeeded. It is high on the cheese, low on the character development and story, and it left me scratching my head, and asking why George why?. Overall I give it a C+.

If you would like another opinion you can ask my Mom. She left saying she hasn't laughed that hard in a really long time. That comment alone about sent me over the top. Indy is not a comedy. So if you are not critical about movies, don't have your life invested in one of the greatest movie franchises of all time, and want to see a decent family film then go see Indy.

3 comments:

  1. Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3 are all horrible movies Rob. I liked X-men 3, but I don't know anything about X-men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan...just about everyone I went with loved all of those movies. And X-Men three has grown on me some, but it was a big let down seeing it at the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am late checking your blog- I hope I don't get disqualified for commenting a few days afterwards... I enjoyed Indy 3- it was entertaining but kind of retarded at the same time. I could not stand Pirates 3. I thought it was a bunch of filler. I left asking Jessica "what the crap?" Can I say "crap" on your blog? I thought I was the only one who thought it was pointless. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.