Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mondays: Part Deux

Continued...After Monica told me about the leak, I ran up stairs and went into our attic to see our hot water heater emitting steam from one of the pipes. It was dripping water ever so gently, but over the course of a day it had leaked to the floor and caused the water mark on the ceiling. I don't have a fat clue how to even turn off a hot water heater. I should have left it alone but I felt like I had to do something. I started messing with the pipe that had the leak and I noticed that when I lifted the pipe the steam stopped spraying out. So, I end up jimmying a shoe string (I felt like MacGyver) around the pipe and to a board above the hot water heater. This stops the steam and I feel like a hero. I run down stairs and finish a few things and then people start coming in for Community Group. As soon and my brother and Bobby (both Community Group members) get there I point to the ceiling and before I could even get the words out they run upstairs and start messing with it. I love Community Group!!!! By 7:20 they assessed the problem, had Meredith's (Bobby's wife and a Community Group member) dad come over to look at it and make sure that was the problem. We carried on with group and Tuesday afternoon my brother (he's a ninja and he assassinated the problem) came over and fixed the pipe. What a day! By the way the shoe string is still attached as a safety precaution...who's your daddy?

2 comments:

  1. I love Community too. BTW, where do you find this so-called "show string"? I need some for my trimmer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle...the show string is from an old pair of Air Jordans that I bought at the thrift store. Magical stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.