Thursday, May 29, 2008

Brockey '08

Brockey '08 was last night for the students. Brockey stands for broom hockey (like hockey but with brooms and without skates)...pretty clever huh? Overall it was a great night. Our numbers were a lot lower than I was expecting, but I think everyone had a great time. We only had three injuries. One resulted in two band aids, one was a bruised eye, and the other a hospital visit. He is fine and nothing was broken. Overall I give the event a B+.

Quick shout out to all of my Student Community Group Leaders!!! I often get stressed when we do an event. Details are not my thing and I have to work very hard to make sure I don't forget something. It meant so much to me that so many of you asked if there was something you could do, that you jumped in and did things that I needed, and that you were there to hang out with and invest in students. Last night confirmed that Waters Edge has the best Student Leaders around!!!

Thanks to...
Alicia and Steph - for hanging out even though you only had one student come. I love how positive you both are! Thanks for being a part of the team! Thanks for staying late as the last student was picked up. You both are amazing!

Matt and Steven - Matt you are a ninja Brockey Player! You made my day by asking multiple times if there was something you could do to help! By the way...don't move! Steven thanks for being there to hang with the students. I am glad you are on the team! Next time you are on the ice for sure!

Matt and Jon Lancour - You are fun CG leaders! I could tell you have connected with your boys! Your group is growing like crazy! I didn't know half of your guys, but they all knew you and that is what it is all about.

Katey and Julie - You ROCK! Julie thanks for hanging with the girls...don't move! Katie, thanks for hanging and for helping me get those cursed whistles untangled. I appreciate what both of you bring to the team!

Rose and Jess - Rose...don't move! It looked like you had fun out there on the ice. Jess...thanks for coming! Even though you were late it was good having you there! Your group is a fun group of girls and they seem to love you both!

David and Jamey - D-Reeves thanks for being the first there! Also your willingness to always help is HUGE! Thanks for taking care of the bloody finger. Jamey thanks for checking on me and for putting the bracket together! Also thank you for falling on the ice. It was crazy funny!

Monica and Katie - Your group had the most students! You both are wicked awesome! Monica thanks for getting there early and helping me out throughout the night. I love you! Katie I love you too, just not in the same way. Seriously though, Katie thanks for being there and participating.

Courtney - It is obvious that you love your girls. I know your group is small right now, but your investment will pay off! Keep on investing and loving on those girls!

Laura - You were missed last night! Hurry back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.