Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mark Batterson Part Two

Yesterday I left Mark Batterson a comment and today he responded!

Rob,
Look forward to meeting at WiBo. Let's try to connect during a break. I have our team with me so we're hanging some too...and I already have a lunch scheduled...but I definitely want to meet. I'll listen for those boos :)
Mark.

Here is the comment that I left him...(with some recently added commentary in parenthesis.)

Mark,
My pastor and I are coming to WiBo in a couple of weeks. I would love to say hey while we are there. I know you are busy...please don't hesitate to say heck no (my first attempt to be relevant)...but I would love to meet you. Again there is no pressure, but I thought I would go for the ask and take a chance (second attempt at being relevant by saying go for the ask). If you are scared or think that I may be a stalker we can meet in a well lit area around a lot of people...joking (my attempt to be funny part one). I told my best friend from high school, Chad Johnson (name drop...he knows Chad J), how much I loved In A Pit (just in case words of affirmation are his love language) and he told me to contact you if I was going to be in town. Again, no pressure, but be prepared to be booed from the audience if you say no...joking again (my attempt to be funny part two).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rob, glad to hear he responded back to you and so quickly! (I know you said it really means a lot to you when people post comments- just doing my part). Also, today during service the pastor talked about The Shack- what are the odds since you just told me about that book?? See you soon!! ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, good to see you the other night! Thanks for leaving a commment!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.