Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Private Life

Your private life is jacked up! There is a part of your life that you don't share with anyone. It could be an addiction, a thought that you don't even share with your spouse, or a weak moment that you don't think anyone will find out about. You have a private life and you should. Wait...do what?

I think all of us should have a private life, but I think that it should look different then it does for most. For most our private life is something that we are embarrassed about. And it should be. It's private because we are not proud of it. But I think we should have a private life that we are proud of. Let me explain...

Jesus said, " “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven."

Jesus then goes on to talk about giving to the needy in secret, praying in secret, and fasting in secret. As a Christ Follower there are some things that are Tweet/Facebook worthy, but need to be kept in secret. As a Christ Follower we should have a private life that God is proud of.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on this. I know several people that do things "out of the kindness of their heart" only to talk about how good to everyone they are. Its very hard to see the good when people are like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, this is from the Bible! Ahhh, that must mean this is the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Jesus has been bombarding my private life recently, all up in every thought...every affection. I'm hoping it's growing pains but it seems to be making my "public" life more difficult because I'm seeing all kinds of inconsistencies with how I treat people as how I'm seeing Jesus treat me in my private life...I suppose those failings are designed to draw me back into dependence on him in my private life...

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.