Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mind Dump



My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another Mind Dump...

  • I have some friends from England and I hope that they don't get offended by the following bullet...
  • I haven't cared about royal weddings since America broke off from England in that little war called Revolutionary. The media is all over this thing. I am happy the prince is getting married and I wish him the best...but I just don't care.
  • This past week my wife and I took our twins on their first walk. It was an adventure. We saw a dog run away from it's home. Now this dog wasn't just any dog. This dog was wearing a diaper. Even though he was wearing a diaper he continued to pop a squat and poo. He did this so many times that the poo started leaking out of the diaper. It was gag nasty and ha-larious.
  • Easter with Waters Edge was FANTASTIC! 5,588 people came to our services, and 757 people became Christ Followers. That's amazing!
  • The following video is how we opened the services. I think it was a very powerful way to introduce our theme...Jump. Enjoy...
  • This past Tuesday I did my very first Tuesday wedding. I like Tuesday weddings. It was at 11:00 AM and it was over by 11:15. I now think that all weddings should be at 11:00 AM on a Tuesday.
  • The movie, Lord of the Rings, has destroyed by ability to tell my baby girl that she is precious. I woke her up this week to feed her before I went to work. I said, and I quote, "good morning precious." I then paused and freaked because of Lord of the Rings. Curse you Gollum...curse you.
  • The Lakers are in the playoffs and it's killing me. Their games start at 10:30 PM. I don't get much sleep these days because of my one month old twins. Trying to stay awake for these games is a mild form of torture.
  • The Summer Movie Season starts on May 6 with Thor. Can you dig it?! I am out of my mind excited about this movie.
  • Last week I went skydiving. It was for a video for our Easter services. I hope to show the video later this week. I also hope to write a post on skydiving in the next couple of weeks. I have some pretty funny pictures that I can't wait to show.
  • I heard a song by The Cranberries the other day. They are probably the greatest band in the history of the world to be named after a fruit.
  • Are cranberries fruit?
  • Speaking of bands...NKOTBSB has released a song together. And middle aged women all over America just passed out.
  • Tornado's touched down in Gloucester which is just a few miles from my house. We drove through and saw the damage over the weekend. It's wild. Just a few hundred yards away from most of the damage is nothing but trees. If it would have touched down there it wouldn't have hurt anyone. It reminds me how fragile life truly is.
  • I am slap tired. Being a dad to twins will do that to you. If I stop moving I think I'll fall asleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • A friend of the blog, Lindsey, brought me Buffalo Chicken Dip. If my left hand was made of Buffalo Chicken Dip I'd eat it. I'd try to resist but after .5 nano seconds I would be unable to resist the yummy goodness that is Buffalo Chicken Dip.
  • Someone forgot to tell my 1 month old daughter that girls don't fart. She farts like a man.
Whew...I feel better now.

17 comments:

  1. DVR (for your games)...That way when you're up at 2am for the feeding, you can watch it like it's live...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K., there is some good stuff here. I knew the new little ones would be a gold mine for blogging. I just didn't realize that it would be all poo, pee, and gas. Ahh yes, now it is all coming back to me. That is all they do for their first 10 years or so. Oh, and one more comment, Thor? Really? Some dude with a hammer? You cannot be considered a superhero if Bob the Builder has you outgunned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, I wish I could but we cut cable. It's on TNT so I can't record it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you enjoyed it! it took all i had in me NOT to eat it before delivering :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob,Rob,Rob little boys fart little girls toot! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously laughing out loud...with the exception of Pastor Stu's monologue. That was some good stuff. You are hilarious. Especially the last bullet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Is this your first comment on the blog? Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Debbie. I was under the impression that girls don't do anything gross like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsey, I bet. I would have taken at least a bite which would have led to me eating half of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ten years? Tell me you are joking. Please tell me you are joking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coincidence that 757 people gave their life to Christ in the 7-5-7? I think not :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My excitement over Thor and Captain America has reinforced my nerdhood in the eyes of my wife and friends. And I'm fine with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jill, I couldn't agree more. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nerds are the new cool. How do you feel about the previews for Green Lantern?

    ReplyDelete
  15. here here

    and over here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brian Mitch NorrisMay 2, 2011 at 2:37 PM

    Nice Mixture of SM Lockridge in there

    ReplyDelete
  17. which is exactly why i didn't start!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.