Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Wife Is A Super Ninja Rockstar

People ask if having twins is hard. The answer is yes. But it's hard like playing a sport instead of hard like math. Let me explain. Math is difficult because math is of the devil. The Bible says that God is not a God of confusion and math is confusing as all get out. When I was forced to take math classes it was hard work. It was work that felt pointless and it was work that I hated. I'd rather own a cat than do math and I hate the thought of owning a cat.

Playing sports on the other hand was hard work but I loved it. Practicing three to five times a week was hard work. Playing sports in high school involved sacrifice because it takes a lot of time. Playing sports was work but I never felt like it was work because I loved it! That's how it is with the twins. Oh and it doesn't hurt that my wife is a super ninja rock star...

My wife is awesome. Wait...my wife is beyond awesome. Now when I give people a compliment it normally includes a reference to them being a superhero, a ninja, or a rock star. My wife is so legit she's all of them combined. She's a super ninja rock star because...
  • She's mad patient with me. When I get stressed I speak in short sentences and I get intense. We had one of those moments the other night at circa 3:30 AM. My son, Hayden, was crying Hulking OUT. Screaming, yank his head around backwards, turning purple type crying. I was trying to get his musical sound machine to work and it wasn't. I was then trying to take it off the crib and it was attached tighter then a mouth full of Super Glue. I started freaking out and she stayed calm. She's amazing.
  • She thinks ahead for me. I am not great with details. I think about things when I need them. For example...if it weren't for her I'd walk out of the house with the twins but without a diaper bag, formula, pacifier etc. My wife packs all that stuff and thinks through what we need.
  • She preps bottles before the next feeding. Unfortunately for us her milk isn't coming in so we have to use formula. We go through a lot of bottles. When I go to fix a bottle she has already put it together and set it in front of the formula. It makes it so easy for me.
  • We just had our twins' first baby photos taken. I posted some on Monday's post. She wanted to make sure that they got a picture taken with basketballs and that the Lakers were featured. She did that because I love the Lakers! Amazing!
  • She brags on me in public. I am a hot mess as a dad. I am learning as I'm going and that means that I make a lot of mistakes. I hear her talking to others and she always talks about what a great dad I am. All men desire respect and having respect from my wife makes me a better man.
I love my super ninja rock star of a wife. Who do you know that's a Super Ninja Rockstar?

12 comments:

  1. Well today's question is super easy isn't it? Who do I know that is a super ninja rockstar? Didn't your go through a whole post telling us that M. was? Man, I love these easy-type quizzes where the instructor just gives you the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3 children who are each super, ninja rock stars. What confirms that is the fact that they each found super, ninja rock star side-kick spouses. Have you ever seen a super, ninja rock star without a side-kick who is loyal, devoted, and supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you: your wife is a super ninja rock star. But a word to the wise: before the kids turn 2, start packing the bag yourself. Just saying. From experience. Spot the mom who still packs the bag for swimming lessons. Sigh.

    And I love the math vs sports hard work analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leanne. I will take your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, but seriously who do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think if I had an answer of my own, I would have copied off your paper? Alas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you guys have each other. It's good to have a spouse that is strong in areas that you need improving. Billy and I are definitely like this. You'll get the hang of the planning thing, I think. Billy is awesome at it now. Sometimes he even remembers things I forget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh Fowler is a super ninja rockstar! He puts up with me and spoils me. When we first started dating I wasn't high maintenance-- he's turned me that way! He treats me as if I'm his crown jewel and never wants anything to hurt me or upset me.

    However, I have to disagree with you on the math thing... math rocks! And I *might* have been the president of the math club in high school. Did you know they have math competitions? :) That's how I spent my weekends when I wasn't in the marching band. *dork*

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Wife fits that description. Somehow she manages a high-stress full-time job along with tackling 12 months straight of full-time college courses and still finds time to make she's done with her homework by Thursday so we have time to go out on Friday nights. On top of that she cleans the house from top to bottom on Saturdays while I'm at work. She's a rock star for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you two show honor to each other as a couple. Finding your way as parents takes love, patience and a whole lot of energy. As far as I can tell, you guys are Super Ninja Rockstar Parents! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it horrible if I toot my own horn? Reed tells me all the time that I'm the perfect wife for him. Being it all, doing it all while still trying my hardest to honor him and his role in our family, especially while he is NOT here is tough but I think it do it pretty well. Don't get me wrong. There are days when I just want to run and hide from all the responsibility placed in my lap but honestly, I can't. Reed is also a super ninja rock star dad because he works very hard at keeping our country safe and willingly makes sacrfices for our country. On top of that, he does stuff like stay up till 3:30 am so that he can call us or makes DVDs of him reading to Anna because that is HIS job at night.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.