Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Letter To Hair

Many moons ago I posted a letter to my hair. I was reminded by this post when the wind blew and I then looked into a mirror. This post is just as much true today as it was way back then. In case you missed it, enjoy...
____________________________________________________
Dear Hair,


I really appreciate you. In fact I'd look really weird if my body was completely hairless. You provide warmth for my head, as my eye brows you provide a sweat catcher, and because of shaving you give me something to do in the morning. In other words I'm grateful for you.

With all the good you do I hate to nitpick but there are a few things that I just don't understand. I don't understand why you decide to grow and not grow. Why are you on my back when I don't want you to be? At the same time you're leaving my head where I really want you. Don't you want to go where you are welcomed?

I also don't get what causes you to grow. Why did you decide to start growing on my ears? Are you like a plant who leaves seeds when it falls. Did you fall off my head and onto my ears, and back? Don't get me wrong I don't have it as bad as some guys, but I'm curious.

If there is anything I've done to tick you off and make you want to leave my head then I'm sorry. Please don't take it out on the rest of my body.

Trying to understand,

Rob

P.S. Please stop growing out of my nose. Instead put that same effort into the top of my head and I'll be a happy man

5 comments:

  1. If hair is going to leave your head, is it better to go slowly or all at once? Is a slow torture with loss and creative combing solutions with an inevitable outcome better or worse than losing it all at once and forcing you to just deal with it and put all of the worry and fretting behind you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. Hair in weird places. It has never happened to me.

    About five minutes ago I looked in the mirror while washing my hands. I thought (maybe even said aloud), "You look horrible. What's with the eyes?" Maybe I should write a letter to the circles under my eyes. If I mail it, will they go away?

    Or maybe I'll just go to bed before midnight.

    And feel free to hurl something at me since I'm complaining about sleep to a man with newborn twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should write a letter. I will warn you that I don't think my hair liked my letter. Things might have gotten worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ok Rob. I'm losing mine too, slowly but surely. I just shave my head so you can't tell

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.