Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another Mind Dump...
  • Are you watching this season of American Idol? I think it's the best overall yet. Mad talent.
  • Speaking of Mad...Does anyone else think that Scotty from American Idol looks like the real life version of the kid from Mad Magazine?
  • I hate nutrition. Things that taste good are never good for you and things that taste bad are. Formula for my babies smells awful, so it's probably good for the babies?
  • I blog about what's on my mind and as of late my twins, Reese and Hayden have been on my mind. They are 2 weeks old as of yesterday.
  • One of my favorite things about having twins is all the great food that people have brought us for dinner. I love the good food!
  • A good friend dropped off a GIANT bag of M & M's. Remember when their slogan was "melts in your mouth and not in your hands"? Do you think they changed that cause it's a lie?
  • The twins have already made their presence on the blog world. I LOVE this post by ironicmom.com - surviving the first week with Newborns.
  • They also got a shout in the very funny March Movie Madness wrap-up song. If you've been following the blog then you know I was in a movie tournament called Mark Movie Madness over at educlaytion.com.  My movie, The Dark Knight, was doing great until my twins were born. They were born during the voting and I wasn't able to pimp out my film on Twitter or Facebook in the Elite 8. I lost, but it was still a lot of fun. The video was written by Chase McFadden. If you watch the NCAA tournament you will recognize this song...enjoy
  •  
  • Some people would call what my twins do at 3:00 a.m. as screaming. I like to think of it as harmonizing in the baby monitor.
  • Which show do you think is better, Dancing with the Stars or American Idol? Decide the winner by voting on the new poll at robshep.com. For the record I'd rather be slapped in the face repeatedly by a wet noodle then watch Dancing with the Stars. Thankfully my wife DVR's it and I don't have to watch.
  • I love the Baptist handshake. I first learned about the Baptist handshake when I was attending a Baptist church in college. I didn't grow up Baptist so I didn't know such a thing existed. Here's the scene...someone walks up to you like they want to talk to you. They then shake your hand, but wait! Instead of a regular handshake they sneak some money into your palm. That my friends is the baptist handshake. I received my first Baptist handshake since college at church this weekend.
  • Monica and I watched the movie Unstoppable. That movie was intense! It reminded me a lot of Speed. Speed minus the terrorist, Keanu, and the Bus.
  • I re-watched the new Star Trek movie this past weekend. That movie is action packed and makes you appreciate Star Trek. I've always been a Star Wars guy. If you haven't seen it you should give it a chance. Good stuff. Now I had a thought while watching the movie. In the beginning of the film a girl is giving birth in space. I would think that in a time where we can "beam" people up they'd find a way for women to give birth without all the screaming. Just sayin'.
  • The NBA playoffs begin this weekend. I am excited because I love the Lakers, but I'm also scared. I'm not what you would call a confident fan. I have my doubts until they win the championship. Some people talk junk and have a ton of confidence in their team. Not I. I love this time of year but I get stressed.
  • I love the Amazing Race. It's such a good show.
  • I am slap tired. Besides going to the bathroom in a toilet, the thing I'm most excited for my twins to learn is how to sleep through the night.
  • I just got a copy of Rob Bell's book Love Wins. It's stirred up some controversy. One of my friends, and former blogger, Josh Fowler said that the book should have been called Marketing Wins. I thought that was funny. I've read enough reviews to know I don't like the direction he takes. I am still interested to read it so I can form my own opinion.
  • A week from this Sunday is Easter. Can you dig it?! Check out EasterRocks.com if you live within 722 miles from the 757.
  • So the summer movie season now begins in April? Do what? I saw a commercial for Fast Five (the new Fast and the Furious movie) and they claim the summer movie starts with them.
Whew...I feel better now.

9 comments:

  1. Lots of variety here today. Kind of like the item I saw in the snack aisle the other day with pretzels, Doritos, Cheetos, and other assorted "health" food all in one bag. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested to get your take on the "Love Wins". I just got it myself and got about a third of the way through it. I hope to finish it soon but the book I'm previewing for the blog came in yesterday so I've got to put that first. All in all, I think Rob Bell is a good man with a huge heart that just wants everyone to get a chance to experience God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i second that emotion, the 3rd one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Harmonizing with the baby monitor" = best euphemism ever.

    I don't watch American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. Though I've danced under the stars. Likely not very well. The only reality TV I've watched in the past year are reruns of Survivor Man. Do you get that show south of the 49th?

    Lastly, thanks for the shout. I wouldn't have written that post if you hadn't had your twins. It was a nice walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about your Lakers Rob because I feel the same way about my Blackhawks. The NHL playoffs started yesterday and I would be thrilled if we could repeat last season and win again but I think it is going to be very difficult and stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can stress together at work. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tired brain dumps make great blog posts!

    Love the artwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been a Baptist since 9 months before I was born. Here'e a secret--Baptist hand shakes aren't very common. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who knew? They were common at the little country church where I went to college.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.