Thursday, May 27, 2010

5 Favorites: Cartoon Edition

I've been told that I'm passionate about the things I love. The following is a list of 5 Favorites of mine.

5 Favorite Cartoons from my childhood
  1. G.I. Joe - this was my all time favorite cartoon as a kid
  2. Super Friends - Batman & Robin, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman all in one show.  How could you not love it as a kid.
  3. Thundercats - Two words that changed my life...Thundercats Hoooo!
  4. Smurfs - If you didn't like the smurfs as a kid you would get the smurf beat out of you on the playground. 
  5. Captain N: The Game Master - a kid gets sucked into his Nintendo and has adventures with Megan Man, Kid Icarus, and Simon Belmont from Castlevania...what else do you want?
I've given you 5 of my favorites now give me one of yours.

12 comments:

  1. Scooby Doo (not that crap with "Scrappy Doo) and Bugs Bunny from the old days. I would also add Disney's Phineas and Ferb - love this show. Never heard of the last one on your list though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. batan the animated series
    2. gi joe
    3. transformers (the original)
    4. xmen
    5. thundarr the barbarian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob did you mean Super friends? I don't remember there being a show called super powers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel, I guess I was a little younger but I didn't mind Scrappy. I would though say that even that was better than the crap they have today. The monsters are real in today's Scooby Doo.

    Brian, I'm not sure you were a kid when Batman the animated, or X-Men came out. I was in at least middle school. Don't get me wrong Batman and then Justice League are my all time favorite cartoons, but I wasn't a kid when they came on.

    -Brian, I did mean Super Friends. Thanks. The toys were called Super Powers. You know the ones where you would squeeze their legs and their arms would punch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    2. Batman: The Animated Series
    3. Toon Disney (Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers)
    4. Looney Tunes
    5. X-Men

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake. I also liked the Smurfs and the Snorkels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cartoons have changed dramatically through the years. As a kid, I used to really look forward to the cartoon featured before the movie at theaters--usually Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, and later The Road Runner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitly the New Kids on the Block cartoon was hands down one of my faves. I remember getting up early and watching it on Saturday mornings. I'd also include The Flinstones and Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, I'm going to have to vote for Jem and the holograms.... the doll was extra cool because she had flashing earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, great show! I completely forgot about it. I had the Jem doll & all the Misfits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were weirdos and didn't watch many cartoons. We did like Ninja Turtles, though. And we always watched the Pink Panther at my grandma's.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.