Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head...
  • I ate some beans over the weekend. I was just looking out for my heart. I've heard they're good for your heart. It made me wonder though; who started the rumor that beans are good for heart? And is it true?
  • My friend and co-worker Jamey Menser is about to become a competitive eater. He entered Nathan's Famous Hot Dog competition in Norfolk, VA. It's coming up on June 12. If he wins, and eats more then 20 hot dogs he will get to compete on July 4th in New York.  I plan on going to the Norfolk competition. 
  • I'm interested in seeing Shrek Forever After. I didn't love the last one. The only part I remember liking is when the Gingerbread Man said, "I pooped a button." That made me laugh. Has anyone seen the new one?
  • We had a great day at Waters Edge yesterday. We concluded our series Capacity Campaign. If you are a part of Waters Edge I hope you were there. After the 6 PM service one member told me that it was a top ten service of all time. 
  • In an attempt to not become hoarders Monica (my wife) and I cleaned out some cabinets and closets.  It's really hard to get rid of things, but we are running out of space.  I just kept thinking that two people shouldn't have every closet and cabinet overflowing.
  • I found a tick on my belly this weekend. I'm not sure where it came from. I'm also not sure why God created them. What is their purpose? I am surprised they don't sparkle in the sun. They are the vampires of bugs right?
  • Lost is over. I'm still processing the series finale. It was really good, but I was expecting a bigger twist. SPOILER ALERT: I wasn't expecting it to end like the sixth sense. At least I think they were all dead. I'm still pondering it.
  • 24 ends tonight. It's interesting to me that Lost seems to get a lot more media attention then 24. They both were iconic shows. The ending of 24 just doesn't seem to be getting the media hype that Lost got.
  • I'm kind of bored with my music right now. I'm looking for a good new CD to buy. Anyone got any suggestions?
  • Monica's car died on Wednesday. It ended up being the battery.  What should have only taken a few minutes ended up being a 4 hour adventure. My brother helped me get the battery out. It's a Volkswagen Jetta. Germans don't make their car batteries come out easy.  They also don't make them easy to buy. I went to two different Auto stores to find a battery.  Neither of them had one and none of their stores that were close had one either. I called the dealership to see if they had one. They did. I asked them to hold one for me. I left my house at 5:00 PM, they close at 5:30, and I live 10 minutes away.  Because of an accident I got stuck on a one lane road.  I arrived at 5:28 to hear the employee say, "I'm sorry we already sold it. You told him to hold it for you?" I was not happy! Right before I walked out the door he told me they had a knock off brand that I could buy. I don't know why he waited to tell me that. I bought it.
  • The Lakers lost to the Suns last night. I really wanted them to win to keep pace with the Celtics. The Magic are playing like a WNBA team against the Celtics.
  • I had a good time hosting Tony Morgan and James McDonald for Whiteboard.
    I was nervous that I would say something stupid around them. I don't think I did. I did however get turned around multiple times while driving Tony Morgan. I told him that I'm not from VA Beach but it was still a little embarrassing.
  • I was hoping to get to spend a little bit of time with Jonathan Falwell at Whiteboard. It's a dream of mine to speak at my Alma mater, Liberty University. I don't think I would ask him if I could speak, but I would have liked to make a connection. 
  • What's up with single Christian guys? There just doesn't seem to be a lot of them around. Monica and I have a plethora of friends that love God and are female. If you are a single guy and you love God visit Waters Edge Church and I'll hook you up. I can't guarantee that these girls will like you but I can introduce you to them. You'll need to have some game and take care of the rest.
Whew...I feel better now.

13 comments:

  1. I love your mind dumps! they are so interesting to me... makes me laugh no end!
    and I agree about the single guys... especially mid-thirties... i find it interesting to see all the women coming solo to church, but not so many men... funny that you would notice this- or did someone point it out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with last night services being one of the best ones I've seen. I think that single men's problems stem from their pride and they don't want to admit that they are single. have you met their girlfriend that mysteriously never can make it to church? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice dump. cool getting to host tony morgan. would love to get to speak to him. did you hear the IMX tix for shrek are going for $20 a head...oh my...too rich for my blood...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob I'm realing love the new(er) Relient K cd. I'm not sure when it came out but I got it a month or two ago after Pandora suggested it. How bad is it that my once favorite band now has to be suggested to me by Pandora... anyways I really love it. It's a good mellow summer mix. It's called "Forget and Not Slow Dowm."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice random collection of bits n' pieces. Nice way to get things out there and off your mind! Hey, yeah, I am a single Christian guy, but I am older than all of your friend's combined ages! Too bad. Have a great one today my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the service yesterday. I wish we had been standing for the singing I was at 11:10 and the service needed a jolt ...I have never been to a service that lacked energy like the 11:10 ..not sure what happened there. I stood during the final song with Phil asking people to sing out and I think I was the only person standing (its hard to sing out sitting). Stu did an excellent job not putting pressure on and letting God work.
    Lost ..well grrrr I wonder how many editions of the dvd will come out. I think uggh I have no idea. I loved how the relationships were settled ...hows that for an answer?
    Are far as single guys go, I think we need to have some invitations go out and some guys to step up.
    I met my woman at WEC ....I cannot express how wonderful God is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous, thanks.

    Megan, I agree with you about that one.

    Brian Miller, thank you. I didn't hear that but I would never pay that much for that movie. I'll be seeing it in regular D instead of 3-D.

    Court, we bought it on Mon's computer. For some reason it won't burn to a disc. I haven't really listened to it but I want to.

    Shamner, I hear ya about the
    11:10. Every other service stood. I don't know what's up with them. On a side note: I don't have a fat clue who you are. We should meet some time. Look me up at WEC. If we've already met describe yourself so I know who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i, too, found a tick on me last week... but i was also trekking thru the woods near the Yorktown battlefields. such pointless creatures

    ReplyDelete
  9. RobShep. i love mind dumps.
    -i skipped the one about LOST because im waiting to watch it on wednesday with mo, her mom, my mom, and my sister. im throwing a mini party (at moriahs house) haha
    -i'm pretty upset i missed wec this weekend. joey said it was awesome. but i was at my sisters graduation. where it was supposed to rain but it ended up being a beautiful day(which is good cause it was outside).
    -also i think you should check out The Classic Crime. they are probably in my top 5 bands. They have a pretty new cd out called Vagabonds. their older cd's are great too!! they are under tooth and nail records i believe

    ReplyDelete
  10. RobShep. i love mind dumps.
    -i skipped the one about LOST because im waiting to watch it on wednesday with mo, her mom, my mom, and my sister. im throwing a mini party (at moriahs house) haha
    -i'm pretty upset i missed wec this weekend. joey said it was awesome. but i was at my sisters graduation. where it was supposed to rain but it ended up being a beautiful day(which is good cause it was outside).
    -also i think you should check out The Classic Crime. they are probably in my top 5 bands. They have a pretty new cd out called Vagabonds. their older cd's are great too!! they are under tooth and nail records i believe

    ReplyDelete
  11. so i was never a fan of Lost but I watched the finale up to when jack was talking to his dad...i then realized that the writers simply saw the movie "The Passengers" and ripped it off...ghetto.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CD to check out:
    "Twilight" by Future of Forestry

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Script, self titled... It's all (except 2 songs) about heartbreak, but it's solid and fairly diverse pop mixing up sounds of Coldplay, Maroon 5 & Gnarles Barkley. It's $9 at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.