Friday, May 7, 2010

Things I just don't understand...

  • Why some jean companies put the size of the jeans on a back patch right above the pocket. Who wants to have their pant size advertised on the back of their pants?
  • Why people stop in the middle of a crowd to talk. It's not that hard to move over to the side to finish your conversation.
  • Why my headphones get tangled in my center console. They go in untangled but come out tangled every day.
  • How slugs make it into my house. They are the slowest moving creatures and they leave a slimy trail. You'd think I'd see them coming, but I don't. They just magically appear from time to time.
  • Why boogers form.
  • How fat decides to grow in certain places. Some people only get fat in the belly. Some people only get fat in their butt. Some people get fat all over.
  • The cause of high maintenance people. Is it chemical, hereditary, or the cause of bad parenting? Even worse is why high maintenance people don't see that they are high maintenance.
  • Headaches.
  • When people think they know what caused their headache. Have you ever heard someone say it was caused by loud music, sinuses, stress, or lack of caffeine? How do people really know what caused the headache? They don't. If they did no one would ever die from a brain aneurysm.
  • How hair knows where to grow and where not to grow. Why don't I have hair on my forehead? Why don't all men have hair on their backs? Why don't eyebrows keep going around the side of your face to your chin? Why aren't the palms of our hands hairy?
  • Why men wear scarves. I'm not judging a guy who rocks a scarf, but I just don't get it. My neck never gets cold, and I don't really like things rubbing up all over my neck.
  • How my digestive system knows I'm out of town.  Whenever I go out of town I stop dropping deuces.  Then when I get back home I become regular.
  • Why so many people haven't seen Iron Man. That movie was a HUGE hit. Add to that the fact that it's a great movie and it just doesn't make sense why a person hasn't seen it. Over the last two weeks I've talked to multiple people who never saw it.
  • Why armpit stank, feet stank, and belly button stank all smell different. They stank because of sweat right? You'd think they would stank the same.
  • Why women are more prone to spider veins than men.
  • Why schools make you take math past elementary school. I think high school math should consist of learning how to balance your personal budget, and well...that's it.
  • Why we call the American language English. It's nothing like English from England. I know...I tried to watch the English version of the Office and I couldn't understand a word of it. We speak American.
  • Why some farts stink and others do not.
  • Why I feel the need to lie if someone calls me and I'm sleeping. The person on the phone always asks if they woke you and everything in me wants to say, "no I'm wide awake." Why do I want to do that?

14 comments:

  1. i think ome things we were just meant not to question...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't know what to say about this list. TMI or TLI? Smiles ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. TLI too little information I believe.
    When you get to heaven then you will understand the answers to these questions. We are made in God's image ....so I think that should answer some of them. Others like the pain of child birthing are just a result of sin :O (I believe many smells are a wage of sin either for you or for others LOL. )

    ReplyDelete
  4. TLI: too little information...
    I laughed reading this, because I had very scientific answers to so many of your questions... but I think it's funnier if you are just left to ponder foot, armpit and belly button stank (I've never suffered from belly button stank, so this had me ROFL)...
    As for Iron Man: I completely agree! One of the very best movies in a long time, and I can't wait to see Iron Man 2... how can people have missed this???

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know some people like the smell of their own farts...i think posts like this show why you are great teacher/leader...you question EVERYTHING...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just wondering the other day why we laugh... It's a weird noise and it's not entirely necessary. Why don't we just simply say something was funny instead of making that weird noise?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shamner, thanks I couldn't figure that one out.

    Billy, I don't know about that (the great leader part), but thanks. I do question a lot of stuff. I don't know what in me is always asking why?

    Elyse, good question. Though sometimes I can't help it but to laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha... Yeah, I'm pretty much with you down the list. Especially the waking up one. I'll be like, "nooo- man... I've been up since early this morning... actually, scratch that- I didn't even sleep last night... my body doesn't need sleep anymore because I'm superhuman." Must be that sin nature or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahah! Love it- especially the one about people not seeing Iron Man! What are they thinking?? In my top 5!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephen, that was funny.

    Leah, thanks. I can't wait to see the sequel tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the world is a mysterious place.... i definitely laughed at the tidbit about high-maintenance people

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am one of those weird people who hasn't seen Iron Man. I can't even remember when I went to a movie last... It's not something that I budget for because the cost is unreasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Math is to make poor readers and writers like me feel successfull. Out of town duecing- or lack of- I attribute to shyness. Or perhaps a change in elevation. I suffer from this as well. The headache comment made me chuckle cause Monica always seems to know why she has a headache. Did she prompt that question? And I need to see iron man again. I hope you enjoyed #2 as much.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.