Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with thoughts. The following is a mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head...
  • Lakers beat the Jazz.  They swept them...that means they won 4 games in a row without the Jazz winning one.  Now it's on to play the Suns in the Conference Finals.  Time to pull out the Lakers jerseys.  I wear them while I watch the conference finals and, if they make it, the Championship.
  • I have to pull out the old suit twice this week.  I did a funeral yesterday and I have a wedding this weekend.  All I need is a baby dedication and I will have completed the circle of life.
  • As of late my cereal of choice is Frosted Mini-Wheats.  I don't like regular Frosted Wheat, but there is something about those bit sized minis.  
  • I picked up two Frappuccinos from Starbucks yesterday.  One for me and one for the wife.  Good thing it's happy hour at Starbucks from 3 to 5 PM.  That means half price Frapps.  Can you dig it?
  • The summer movie season has begun.  I'm excited to see Robin Hood this weekend.  Look for the review at some point this weekend. 
  • I love the song "Love Left to Lose" by Sons of Sylvia.  I heard them on American Idol a few weeks ago.  You can watch their idol performance here
  • I had a great time at a Community Group dinner hosted by Waters Edge Lead Pastor, Stu Hodges.  We had Carrabbas for dinner. I love Carrabbas! It was a great time hearing the vision for multi-site at Waters Edge. 
  • I borrowed a PS3 game from one of my students. It's called Batman: Arkam Asylum.  It's a really fun game. Batman is my favorite superhero, so that makes it that much more fun. 
  • I've been trying to walk more lately.  The WEC staff all have pedometers.  We are competing to see who can get the most steps in a day. Apparently I don't move during the day because my steps are pathetically low.  It's helped motivate me to go for walks at night.  
  • I've been hearing a lot of good things about the TV show Parks and Rec.  Do you watch it? If so do you think I'd like it? 
  • Speaking of good TV the Office may be ending after next season.  Steve Carell keeps hinting that next season will be his last.  If so the show might be over.  
  • Are you on Twitter? If so what is the one celebrity you wish would follow you? I would have to say Steve Carell or Magic Johnson for me.  
Whew...I feel better now.

8 comments:

  1. Love me some mind dump. You know, when I travel, I can't take a mind dump, but when I get back home, everything comes out alright. Wait, that is the subject of another post. Have a good one, and yes WEC dinner was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good hit on the frapps...did not know that...a friend gave us a PS2 recently so we have been hitting star wars lego and batman lego pretty hard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Parks and Rec lately. However if you choose to pick up a new NBC sictom it must be Community. Last weeks paintball episode was one of the funniest shows I've seen this year. Definitly top 5. You must watch it, so many action movie cliches you would love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Court, I'll have to remember to watch that one through on demand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way about Frosted Mini wheats. I also don't care for Chips Ahoy but can eat a whole bag of mini chips ahoy. Dinner was great last night and how cool is it that Carrabas donated it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ask Jon & Nicole if you can dedicate Connor- then you'll be complete!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like frosted mini-wheats too...I think my favorite cereal though is raisin bran crunch. I always thought that sounded like an old people cereal, but its actually really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parks and Rec is a really funny show. You can catch it On Demand. I think you'd enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.