Monday, May 10, 2010

robshep.com and Andy Stanley

In the church world Andy Stanley is the Michael Jordan of Pastors. He's the Payton Manning, the Will Smith, the Chipotle Burrito if you will.  In other words when it comes to pastors there are a lot of great examples out there, but Andy Stanley is arguably the best. 

Last week I had the privilege of attending the Drive Conference at North Point Community Church (Andy is the Lead Pastor there).  I saw Andy a couple of times in the lobby... TIME OUT:

In case you are new to the blog you may not know that I have a way of putting my foot in my mouth.  When I get around someone that I look up to I end up saying the dumbest things.  Click here to read an example. TIME IN:

but I was too scared to talk to him.  Instead I opted for a photo.  A photo that he didn't know was taken.  I snuck up behind him, pretended to open a soda, and then looked up for my friend Jamey to take a picture.  The results are below...
Pictured Above: Rob opening a can of soda and Andy Stanley

14 comments:

  1. So ninja-like Rob. Mission accomplished. Maybe you should have asked him what the second best question ever was. (That, my friends, is an Andy Stanley reference.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE SNEAK ATTACK PHOTO!!!! :) way to open the coke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if he had turned around and said Whoa! Rob Shepard! Thanks for bringing me a Coke I can open my own though :O
    He is just a man Rob ...you need to learn to lighten up around **stars**
    You do realize you are a star around us right? If you don't you need to step back and know that in some peoples eye's you are up on stage Rob and will soon be broadcast live to other sites :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha. andy is a really cool guy...got a chance to speak with him at drive a few years back...so you had a good time at DRIVE?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel, that was a funny reference. I got it.

    Thanks Susan.

    Shamner, that was a funny comment. If Andy did turn around I probably would've said something dumb.

    Brian, I didn't know you got meet him when you went to drive. Drive was good. We had a lot of fun.

    Faith, thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too funny. This is actually how I get when I see you, Stu or Phil. For example, when you baptized me, I was so nervous I thought I was going to vomit.....in the water! LOL! It wasn't because of the 500 people watching, it was bc I was going to be on stage with you, Phil and I knew Stu was somewhere around there too! You guys are all very special and have changed my lives in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *My life. Not "my lives" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole, I remember when you got baptized. I'm sorry we made you so nervous. It just goes to show you that we are all human. I get nervous around people too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sneaky, sneaky! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have officially reached " Creeper " status.

    ReplyDelete
  11. didnt jamey do the same? :) you guys are totally creepers...haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally LOVE Andy Stanley!!! Ever since you and Monica took me to his church all those years ago.....a top fav!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Casey, Jamey did do the same. I used his phone to take the picture.

    Hello Mollie. I remember that trip. That was fun...especially when you spilled a drink in the back seat. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.