Monday, February 8, 2010

Pray for a baby

Over the past six years my wife and I have not been able to get pregnant. My wife, Monica, has a very positive outlook. She has said that even if God doesn't allow us to get pregnant she has lived a blessed life. She does an amazing job of celebrating when others get pregnant. She often brings the best gifts to the plethora of baby showers she attends each year.

At the same time she really does want to get pregnant. She recently finished taking Clomid, a first line fertility drug. The next couple of days are pretty critical for us. Our prayer is that God would allow us to get pregnant and that it would be a healthy pregnancy. We'd love the prayer support. If God brings us to your mind please pray that God blesses this treatment of Clomid with a healthy baby.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for your openness, Rob! Will def. keep you in prayer man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely praying for you two. tons of prayer-support coming your way, i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Focused solely on you and Monica this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying...I am so proud of you both, and the positive attitude you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying for you guys rob...and have been for years. God's sovereign plan is greater than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for health and God's will... you both are LOVELY people and would make FANTASTIC parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you both! You would be great parents! I look forward to seeing you hold a newborn baby! Praying for that sweet little Shepherd baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for the prayers and comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rob,
    You probably don't remember me but I was a student in the youth group when you were at Deer Park Baptist for a few months. Anyways, I found your blog from a friend and have been 'stalking' for a couple of months and when I saw this post I had to say something. My husband and I had been trying for 2 years to have a baby. Went through all the testing (I'm sure you guys know all about that), tried all the treatments, etc. Finally the doctor said there was nothing else to try. So we decided to adopt. We had almost finished the paperwork and were about to have our final home visit when on December 22 we found out we were pregnant....no doctor treatmeants, nothing. So all that to say I will be praying earnestly for you guys because I know how hard this road is but I'm hope my story is a reminder that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! Andrea www.robertsramblings2005.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rob,
    Terri Hansen here...Andrea Robert's mother...from Deer Park Baptist! Please watch their story...scroll down to: A CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER!
    Will pray for you and your dear wife right now!
    Hugs in Him!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.