Wednesday, February 24, 2010

God said not yet...

A couple of weeks ago I asked robshep.com readers to pray for me and Monica in our attempt to have a baby. We found out last Thursday that our sixth attempt with Clomid didn't work. So what's next for us? We are going to keep trying. Eventually we will try other fertility treatments, but for now we are going to try Clomid again.

I'm not mad at God for saying no or not now. Now before you think I'm some super human I'll tell you that we were both really sad. We were both disappointed that God didn't work things out differently. I think it's ok to be disappointed with God. I trust Him, but I wish He would tell us why.

It's hard to get mad at God when He's blessed me with so much. I have an amazing wife! We both have people who care about us and pray for us. The fact that people pray with us about this, cry with us, and will one day get just as excited as we do makes me feel incredibly blessed. If you are praying...thank you and please keep it up. I'll keep you posted as to what God says this month.

7 comments:

  1. i had hoped when i saw the title...praying rob...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. You are a wonderful example of a Christian through good times and through bad. I will continue to pray for you that God's will is done and that you always remain cool with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will keep praying and WILL be rejoicing with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delay doesn't mean denial. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always appreciate your realistic & candid honesty about what's going on in your life. Prayers will definitely continue, and God is sovereign above all else. 'Nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad to hear things haven't worked out yet Rob - will keep standing with you both

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still praying! SO amazed by your endurance and perseverance in trusting the Lord through this! God bless you and Mon! Love you guys SO very much!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.