Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I call this adventure the time my house smelled like death

My wife, Monica, and I came home the other night to a smell that was literally gag nasty. Just to give you some perspective it smelled like death had rolled around in feces. Immediately, Monica and I started running around the house trying to find the smell. We tracked it down to a school experiment that Monica had done with her fourth grade class. The experiment involved broccoli and it was left out of the fridge. It stank.

We lit not one, but three, Yankee Candles. We then vacuumed the carpet because the smell had permeated the entire house. Then we bagged the broccoli, and put it outside. Hours passed and then some friends came over. As soon as they walked in the door the smell hit them in the face like a ninja kick. It took a full night of candle burning to finally get the smell out. Who knew that broccoli could smell so heinous? It makes me wonder if it can smell that bad can it really good for you?

9 comments:

  1. Oh vile weed! Just to be safe, let us bring no more vegetables and other shrubbery into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Daniel, I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brocoli does the same thing to me sometimes...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It truly was awful. A blog can't capture the smell that was in our house. I thought I smelled it again last night & frantically scrubbed the counter tops in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd risk it just for the delicious taste of broccoli & cheese. and i mean... nothing comes out of you with a sweet-smelling aroma...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best argument I've heard for not eating veggies...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. Hope it doesn't come back when it gets warm outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ew...I like broccoli but that makes me not so anxious to eat it again. :)I hated it when I was a kid. Merrick likes to hold it in his mouth for an hour if we ask him to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would have liked a scratch and sniff for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.