Friday, February 19, 2010

Plain Wrong

On Monday night for my adult Community Group we had Toaster Pastries for snack. I haven't had one of those in years, and I was pretty excited about it. When I opened the box I noticed right away that something wasn't right. Apparently they forgot to fill one of the icing packets. That's just plain wrong.

Yesterday I pulled out a fresh Q-Tip and it was missing the fuzzy part that goes in your ear. If I hadn't of noticed I would have pierced my brain and probably died. Ok that's a little dramatic, but you get the point. It's just plain wrong.

As a Christ Follower love should be what I'm known for. Have you ever met a Christ Follower who was filled with bitterness, anger, jealousy, and negativity? It's kind of like an icing packet without icing or a Q-Tip without the fuzzy part. It's just plain wrong.

7 comments:

  1. At the feet of the master again. Where would I be without your vivid illustrations? I'd be sucking on the end of an empty icing packet, that's where. I'd be trying to stuff my brains back into my head after piercing them with an uwrapped cotton-type swab! Oh thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Rob, I have never met a Christ Follower filled with bitterness, anger, jealousy and negativity and, quite frankly,as a Christian, I think it is stupid of you to write about such things in your little blog that you think eeeeveryone reads when most of us can't even get 5 followers, and don't root for a team as great as the Lakers and maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad thing if you just stabbed your brain with the naked Q-tip.

    Just kidding. Good post. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Daniel, you are the man. Thanks for the comment.

    @SJS, you had me going. I was thinking what the heck...then I saw the end. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA that is quite the example. excellent way to relate back to a Christian living like they aren't one. maybe even.... a Chipotle burrito without any meat or filler additions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great analogy! It would be kind of like a CFA without the waffle fries. Gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love learning from you. Thanks for sharing & being creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! My beef with those icing packets is that they don't give you enough to begin with. You need at least two of those packets for one pastry.

    --Terrace Crawford
    www.terracecrawford.com
    www.twitter.com/terracecrawford

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.