Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow Days

To have a decent snow in the 757 is a rare experience. In fact whenever the weather people call for snow most people who live in Hampton Roads don't take it too serious. That all changed this past weekend. The weather people said a big snow storm was coming and for VA standards they were right. Church was cancelled on Sunday, so I had two snow days in the house. Enjoy some pics of our snow days...

Pictured Above: My lovely wife Monica and our good friend Danielle.

Pictured Above: Danielle wore these shoes on a walk with Monica.

Pictured Above: The girls made homemade sugar cookies. They were fantastic!

Pictured Above: One of the Students from WEC, Dillon Tulip, was quite the entrepreneur. He went door to door shoveling driveways for cash money.

Pictured Above: A first in the Shepherd home...animals. To entice our friends, Dan and Danielle, to come over Monica said they could bring their dogs. It was weird having animals in my house, but it was worth it to hang out with our friends.

Pictured Above: Our town home in the snow.


Pictured Above: This was what we saw out our front door.
Now you may notice that I'm not featured in these pictures. That's because I spent most of my time watching movies, and playing video games with my buddy Dan. I enjoy a good snow day, but I enjoy it because everything shuts down and you get to simply hang out with people. I'm not a big fan of playing in the snow. Plus I don't have any snow clothes. I didn't even own a jacket until Monica made me get one last year. Ok she didn't make me get one she bought one for me for Christmas...and I'm very thankful.

7 comments:

  1. nice. glad o see you got the white stuff. 14 inches last weekend. 2 more last night and the weekend is coming....and more is on the way...having a blast in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob I am like you, I do not like the snow, I do not like playing in it, I do not like the cold, I don't like slogging through it by foot or by car, I don't like it anywhar! (A feeble attempt at channeling Dr. Seuss).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm trying to be optimistic about the possibility of more snow here in Lynchburg... looking forward to getting some snow boots so my winter antics don't result in black frost-bitten feet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snow--at least the kind we get in the 757. It usually doesn't last long, and it is just funny to see reactions to it. When you said people don't pay much attention to the threat of snow, I can tell you didn't go to a grocery store. Friday, the stores were packed. I had to wait in line for a cart and shelves were being emptied. Then, I go home and scrolling across the TV are cancellations--long before even one icy flake has hit the ground. At least this time, we got the real deal--enough to make a snowman, and snow ice cream--Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fact that I have missed three days of work completely confounds me (and my MN relatives)! I don't mind VA snow. It is usually short lived, and usually get off work. I had fun hanging with you guys. Much better than sitting home by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelsey, you are right...I did not go to the grocery store. I def think this time everyone took the weather people serious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow - how cool! We haven't had rain here in Perth for over 70 days - long, hot, dry summer - some snow would be simply superb!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.