Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Your Husband Is Not An Idiot Part 2

I'm not great with details. In fact I've made so many little mistakes it would be easy for my wife to say I'm an idiot. One year for Valentines Day I tried my best to make the day special for my wife. I bought five surprises for our five years together. Throughout the day I surprised my wife. I had flowers delivered to her classroom, I put a mix CD that I made her in her car, I brought her Starbucks, I had balloons at the house, and I made her breakfast. Now all of that was great except for the fact that it was our fourth year together and not our fifth. I felt like an idiot.

Now my wife could have focused on the mistake I made or she could focus on the effort that I made to make her day special. My wife understands that I'm not perfect. I'm going to make mistakes, but that doesn't make me an idiot. My wife understands my weakness and loves me in spite of them. She respects me.

I'm sure your husband or wife makes some dumb mistakes, but instead of bashing on them focus on the good things that they do. If you can't find any good then maybe you did marry an idiot. If that is the case then blame yourself because no one forced you to marry them.

5 comments:

  1. Getting the number of years wrong on an anniversary is forgivable. However, see how forgiving they are on the birthday that you say happy 30th and it is really is the 29th. Ouch. Better make up the couch as that will be your bed for the night. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I was going to complain about the extra gifts!!! I love Rob so much. I'm an idiot way more than he thinks he is, but he still loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. you are not an idiot, you are a man. there is a slight variation in the definitions. extra gifts always grease the forgiveness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog Rob! I hate when women bash their husbands. I love Jonathan more then he will ever know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preach on brother-man!

    My husband is NO idiot, and anyone who wants to argue that fact can just mention the word "politics" or "calculus 2" around him!!! I never ceased to be amazed at his insightfulness.

    btw... wives make mistakes too (hand raised). Couples should be gracious enough to overlook those small bumps... don't sweat the small stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.