Friday, May 8, 2009

Warm and Fuzzy Memories with Rob

Once upon a time I was an intern at a large church. Each Wednesday night we had to set up our youth room. It was really a gym for the high school students and a small fellowship hall for the middle school students. We didn't have our own equipment so we borrowed it from big church. There was a keyboard that we used each week and it was stored on the second story of a different building from where we met.

One day Stu (my pastor) and I went to collect everything that we needed to set up. We had to make multiple trips from one building to the other. On this day I grabbed the large key board and carried it down from the second floor. On our way out the door we had to walk down a small set of steps and then go across the street to the gym/fellowship hall.

On my way down the steps I fell. I missed the first step because the keyboard I was holding was so large it impeded my vision of the steps. On the way down panic seized my thoughts. I knew if I busted this keyboard I was in BIG trouble. On the way down I twisted to the side to protect the keyboard. I hit the ground hard. As soon as I fell Stu ask if I was ok. He had a panicked tone to his voice. I responded with "is the keyboard ok." As soon as Stu heard that he started laughing. Once he knew I was ok he couldn't contain his laughter. He is a sucker for a good fall.

That day I ripped a hole in my GAP jeans, I scrapped up my knee, I bruised my ego, but I saved the keyboard. And that my friends is another Warm and Fuzzy Memory with Rob.

6 comments:

  1. You never miss a beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a true american hero my friend. We either need to get you commemorated on a postage stamp or to celebrate your bravery/selflessness with a national holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. way to protect the goods for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when people fall down. I know it is awful, but it is the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to save the keyboard! at least Stu asked if you were alright before laughing. from what I've heard him say he usually laughs if anyone falls so he must like you enough to ask first.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.