Sunday, May 10, 2009

Movie Review - Star Trek

It's weird for me to say this, but I'm now a fan of Star Trek. Star Trek in my opinion has always been the ugly step child of Star Wars. In my circles it was cool to like Star Wars, but one would think twice about admitting to being a Trekkie. The worst was when someone would get the two franchises confused. When that happened I would passionately defend Star Wars. So much so that the debate usually ended with me forcing the person to watch the original Star Wars trilogy.

J.J. Abrams (Alias, Lost, MI 3, Cloverfield) has rebooted the Star Trek franchise. The new movie is great. There is humor, action, and a great story. The movie gives the back story of how Captain Kirk, Spock, Bones, and the rest of the Enterprise crew met. But Abrams take includes an interesting twist. I won't ruin it for you, but Abrams does a great job of paying homage to the past while at the same time creating a brand new future for the franchise. If you're like me and never loved Star Trek then I recommend you go see this new movie with an open mind. I give it two thumbs up.

4 comments:

  1. i was so impressed by this new Star Trek, from character development to action effects to the fluidity of the plot IMO this is by far the best Star Trek ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. can not wait to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved it too!!! i was crying in the first like 5 mins... that abrams what a great guy! :) hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! I'm thinking of maybe making a "family date night" and asking my mom and dad to go with scott and I. My dad was a "treckie", I remember him watching it when I was in elementary school!

    so gald you gave it a good review!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.