Thursday, May 7, 2009

What's that smell?

Earlier this week my wife said that our bedroom smelled. It wasn't a musty or stanky smell. In fact she couldn't tell what it was, but she said she it was strong. I didn't smell it. She lit a candle.

The next day she said it again and started searching for the smell. She said it was from my side of the room. No surprise there.

I went over to my closet and started sniffing like a hound dog. Alas I finally smelled what she was talking about. It wasn't stinky shoes. It wasn't crusty underwear left out for days (not that mine is crusty or left out). It smelled like dirt. It smelled like my lawn mower after I mow the grass.

The funny thing is it is only by my window. I searched and searched and I couldn't find out what the smell was. Monica thinks that it might actually be our lawn mower. We have a shed near my window. I don't think that is it. I don't even know who to call to figure out where this smell is coming from. Is it a leak that we don't see? The smell gets worse after the rain. If anyone knows who to call to fix this please let me know. If you don't know who to call take a guess at what you think the smell is.

5 comments:

  1. I think you guessed right with the lawn mower. If you had left grass in the bag or not cleaned the underside of the lawn mower, the decaying grass in the super hot shed would likely be fairly potent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered snail poo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tracked the smell by going outside and letting your nose lead you to the source? Once you find it, there will probably be obvious solutions for cleaning up the problem. Once the problem is eliminated, baking soda or cat litter is good to neutralize the odor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. snail poo...lol D! think dp might be on the right track. you are using deoderant these days right rob?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely go outside and see if the same smell is out there. I have a very strong sense of smell. It would drive me nuts until I found it!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.