Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Final Blog

I've loved having a blog. I'm honored that anyone would read my musings. I started robshep.com back in April 2008. It's been two really good years. I made a lot of mistakes with the blog, but thankfully most people over looked em and kept reading.

With that being said I've been running out of steam. I think juggling Facebook, Twitter, and a blog has finally worn on me. I don't want to do something just to do it. The other reason is that I started a blog to see if I could write on a regular basis. I want to write a book, but I didn't know if I had it in me. The blog takes so much of my time I've dedicated next to nothing to writing a book.

I've got two weeks worth of blogs lined up. Next week is going to be a guest blog week. The following week will be sappy as I say goodbye to the world wide web. For those of you who've read more than once...thanks! For those of you who left comments...thank you very much! Finally I'd like to say April Fool's.

17 comments:

  1. So glad this was an April Fool's joke! You totally had me going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, you suck. Second, you still suck. Third, what would I do each morning without your blog to charge me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer. I was really hoping that this was going to finally be over with and blog-mania was finally starting to wind down. Guess I'll just have to keep on waiting. You should reconsider the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang. you got me for sure. but, i'm possibly the most gullible person on the planet. i kinda want to punch you in the throat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang...you had me hook line and sinker...

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're not funny... not even a little bit.... I love your blog! Don't do that to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob, you really had me going. not cool man. i was almost gonna have to take my robshep.com sticker off my car which would have left an empty space in my driver side back window. but im glad it was a joke. i enjoy reading your blogs every time you post a new one. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice. it reeled me and flowed like butter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh whatever so fell for that! Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one. I figured it out about halfway through.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rob read me the blog last night, and I was so confused because he hadn't mentioned anything to me about ending the blog. I was so sad! He got me a day early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elyse, you are def smarter than the average bear. Thanks for leaving a comment even though you figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking, "What? I just found him..."

    ReplyDelete
  14. HA bravo on the april-fools blog prankage. i've been in the tom-foolery mindset all day, so i knew it was a hoax from the get-go... BUT, i'm very amused to see all the comments from the ppl that were successfully fooled

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was like what the crap? If you keep bloggin that can just be your book it can be called robshep.com like julie and julia you should watch that movie and learn how to turn ur blog into a book and then...BAM that just happened you wrote a book.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.