Friday, April 2, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a brain dump of all the random stuff going on in my head.
  • I can't believe it's April. I love the weather, but I hate the allergies.
  • The problem with allergies is that they hit you hard, but you can't hit them back.
  • Because of a video shoot for Easter I ended up wearing the same outfit four days in a row. Funny thing is not very many people noticed.
  • I heard a cat fight yesterday. It sounded vicious. When I told Monica (my wife) she said maybe it's a cat in heat. If that's what a cat in heat sounds like then my suspicion is confirmed...cats are satanic.
  • I'm speaking today in a couple of Youth Ministry classes at Liberty University. I thought it was supposed to be last week. I emailed to confirm and they told me it was this week. It's four hours away so I'm glad I didn't make the drive last week. I'm taking two of the guys from my Student Community Group. Good times.
  • My wife made buffalo chicken dip this week. I'd eat my left hand if it was made of buffalo chicken dip. I'd try to resist but after 2.1 nanoseconds I'd cave and eat my whole hand.
  • Was that last dump weird?
  • I love Easter candy. Monica bought a bunch for our two Community Groups. Love it!
  • She did buy sugarless Peeps. I'm not sure how that's possible. I don't like Peeps, but the whole point of them is sugar.
  • "24" got cancelled. I like the TV show, but it doesn't compare to "Lost." I will be sad when "Lost" is over.
  • Speaking of TV shows...I love the show "Chuck!" It's an excellent show.
  • Yesterday I went to lunch with a newer WEC Community Group Facilitator. I've been wanting to get to know him a little better, so I emailed him and asked if he was available for lunch. He talked to me last Sunday and said, "I know this is going to sound kind of weird, but is the lunch thing a joke? I know how you guys like to joke around." I had no idea what he was talking about. He then told me that we were going to lunch on April 1 and he thought it might have been an April Fool's joke. That made me laugh.
  • Next week I'm on vacation. Look for some guest blogs in my absence.
  • I asked one of my favorite bloggers to guest post. I don't really know him so I don't know what he'll say. I figured it didn't hurt to ask.
  • Easter is this Sunday! I'm amped about it. If you don't have plans yet we'd love to have you celebrate with Waters Edge at the Hampton Roads Convention Center at 9:00 or 11:00 AM. Check out easterrocks.com for more details.

Whew...I feel better now.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the classic mind dump. I too feel so much better. I love the line about eating your own hand. Kind of reminded me of the time Homer Simpson's head was turned into a donut. Marge told him to stop picking at his head, but he replied that he tasted too good to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't weird, I'd eat your hand if it was made of it. Is that weird? Lost sucks. Thank God it's almost over!

    No kidding, my word scramble is mistr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. I didn't buy sugarless peeps. Who is your source on that one?
    B. I checked the package this morning- they are sugarless.
    C. I don't think it's possible to make sugarless peeps, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...I like Monica's comment. My mom also bought sugarless Peeps for my diabetic dad. I'm not gonna try one. It might ruin my whole idea of Peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! Please disregard point B. It should have read:

    B. I checked the package this morning- they are NOT sugarless.

    Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. I'd love to compare recipes with Monica. I have what I think is a darn good Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. Being a chip & dip kinda guy I make it once or twice a month...

    -Terrace Crawford
    www.terracecrawford.com
    www.twitter.com/terracecrawford

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to borrow your idea. My mind is flustered to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so I lied. I tried sugar free Peeps today. In the words of Rob, they are "gag nasty!"

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.