Friday, April 23, 2010

The Devil has ADHD

The Devil has ADHD. Stick with me on this one.

I don't know if you believe in the devil or not. Call me naive but I believe in him because the Bible talks about him. Now I don't believe that the devil can make you do anything you don't want to do. I believe he messes us up by telling us lies. He sets traps and waits for us to fall into them. But we have the free will to resist him.

The Bible says to resist the devil and he will flee. In other words when you are tempted resist and the devil will eventually get bored with you. It's as if the Devil has ADHD. He's focuses on you for a short time, but if you resist he gets bored and leaves. Maybe this is why squirrels often run in front of your car. Maybe the devil has gotten bored with someone resisting and he jumps into a squirrel. Think about it. Those things go crazy for no reason.

So the next time you are tempted to do something that you know you shouldn't do, resist. Eventually the devil will get bored with you and put his attention else where.

7 comments:

  1. he would much rather capture the easy fish...though sometimes he takes on the big ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Comment, Rob. I see we had similar subject matters...we're in for it today! Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picture you screaming "If my eyes cause me to sin, pluck them out!" Good visual when you told us about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, Brian, and Daniel, thanks for the comments. I feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you didn't say that the devil jumped into cats... I know how you hate cats... at least you picked squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian, he doesn't have to jump into cats. They are already possessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like.

    I thought everyone knew that about cats.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.