Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bangarang

Pictured Above: Alex wearing a Bangarang t-shirt while drinking Bangarang Kool-Aid.

I love my Student Community Group. Each Wednesday night 14 to 18 high school guys cram into my town home to talk about God, hang out, eat snacks, and drink Bangarang Kool-Aid. Let me just tell you that having that many high school guys in your house means you are going to have a lot of food and beverage devoured. At one point some of the guys were going through 2 or 3 cans of soda. Thus the invention of Bangarang Kool-Aid.

Kool-Aid is a lot cheaper than cans of soda. One week my wife bought my favorite flavor of Kool-Aid with the thought of trying to see if my boys would drink it. When the boys arrived to group I started trying to get them to drink the Kool-Aid. Now I know how sketchy that sounds. Especially at a church event. So in order to not call it Kool-Aid, and in an attempt to make it an experience I called it Bangarang. You know...from the movie Hook. In the movie whenever they do something great they yell, BANGARANG at the top of their longs.

I told the guys that it was called Bangarang because when they drink it, it will be so good, they will automatically say Bangarang. For some reason it worked. My guys have no idea what flavor Bangarang really is. Some probably think that is its actual name. Now for some of you moms worrying about the sugar intake...please don't worry. I also have H20 for them to drink. I call that Jesus Juice. Just joking...I don't have a name for the water.

13 comments:

  1. "I know how sketchy that sounds" - love this line Mr. Jones. Funny post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, thanks for being a faithful comment leaver!

    Brian, did you ever experience the Bangarang Kool-Aid when you visited my group?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss me some bangarang koolaid. and community group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah that is quality. Hook is one of my all-time favorite movies. i dig that guy's shirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't mention that it is made with double sugar. It is bangarang sludge. My mouth is producing saliva at the memory of all that sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. B-Rad, Bangarang and group miss you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it Black Cherry? I am a Mom. I know the joy and goodness of Kool-aid. I just didn't realize I was calling it the wrong name all of these years. Thanks for helping me to see the error of my ways ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, it is. Don't tell anyone. How'd you guess? There are a lot of flavors of Kool-Aid out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, Victory! I know my kool-aid. I think there may be help for people like me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosey, thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.