Thursday, April 15, 2010

Movie Review: Date Night

Date Night is not the funniest movie ever. It's also not the most realistic. With that being said I still really liked it. Date Night stars Steve Carell and Tina Fey as a middle class married couple who feels like their marriage is in a rut. In an attempt to spice things up they head to New York City for a date night, and things quickly go from bad to worse.

Even though Date Night is not the best movie ever there are a couple of things that I loved about it. Number one I love Steve Carell and Tina Fey. I think they take a C grade movie and turn it into an A. The second thing that I love is the fact that Date Night celebrates marriage. It's rare to find a movie these days where a married couple really loves each other. I love that the characters in the film have a weekly date night. I also really liked the cameos by some decent sized stars. The scenes with Mark Wahlberg were very funny.

Date Night is rated PG-13 for some swears. It also has a scene where the main characters go to a gentleman's club. I hated that they went, but there is no nudity. I give it one thumb up.

Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD.
One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.
Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it.
Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD

6 comments:

  1. Now that "At the Movies" has been cancelled, perhaps it is time for you to start up another movie review show on network television, basic cable, PBS, or even community access T.V.. At the Movies with robshep. Movie reviews from the Christian viewpoint. Heck, you even have your own semi-original rating system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, if someone wants to pay me I'd consider it. I'm not sure my reviews are to that level. I do it more because I love movies. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. we really want to see this one..glad it was good. perhaps a date night is in order...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this movie because we laughed out loud! I love Steve and Tina! I'm also glad our marriage is not in a rut, and that we do whatever it takes! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mon, thanks babe. I love being married to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me and Billy were thinking about seeing this one. It looked really funny in the previews, but we always trust your rating system a bit more. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.