Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head.
  • I spoke at church on Sunday. I'm incredibly honored to get to speak at Waters Edge. My pastor said that he thought it was on of my best talks. I value his opinion! My prayer is that God used what was said to draw people to Himself.
  • My friends Matt and Kelly Kuchera are moving to Belgium. They have been in my Community Group for two years now. Interesting fact: their first Sunday at WEC I spoke, and their last Sunday I spoke. I'm going to miss them.
  • Since when did you not have to type in www before a web address? The other day one of my students was making fun of people for still putting the www before a web address. I pretended to know what the heck he was talking about, but I didn't have a fat clue you could do that. If they could remove it why did we have to use it in the first place?
  • It's playoff time in the NBA. The Lakers won on Sunday. Game two is tonight. I'm nervous about the Lakers this year. They didn't end the season well. I'm also scared of the Mavericks, and the Cavs.
  • Last night was the Waters Edge House Party. It's how people get involved in what's most important to us, Community Groups. We had a great turn out!
  • I don't think I'll ever be skinny. I just love food too much. I work out 3 to 5 times a week. I work out because if I didn't I'd weigh 300 lbs.
  • Over the weekend I watched Back to the Future. I love that movie. The sequels don't do the first movie justice. I did however watch the first 15 minutes of Back to the Future 2. When they go to the future it's the year 2015. That's only five years from now. Someone better hurry up and invent flying cars and hover boards or our future won't look anything like it's supposed to.
  • I follow a lot of blogs. I was asked recently what my favorites were. Here are my favorites in the categories they fit in. My two favorite blogs by people I don't know. Mark Batterson (pastor and author). Mark has great insight into the Bible and life. I love his writing style. His blog was actually the first blog I ever read. Tyler Stanton (Catalyst Westcoast MC and one really funny guy). Tyler makes me laugh. My two favorite blogs by former students in my youth group are Jake Holland (former student of mine and one crazy cat), and Austin Lee (she takes great photos and has funny stories about her kids). Favorite bloggers that go to Waters Edge are Jesse Minter and Daniel Carman. There are many more blogs that I like and read on a regular basis, but I don't have space to mention them all.
  • This Friday Phil Poteat (Director of Worship and Production at WEC) will be doing a concert for Relay for Life. It's at Tuscany's Coffee House from 6:00 to 9:00 PM. Suggested donation is $5. You should go.
  • On Saturday I'm doing my first baby dedication. A couple that I married ask me if I'd do it. I've never done one before. I hope I don't jack it up. Good news if I do mess it up the kid won't remember...right?
  • I can't wait until May! May kicks off the summer movie season. It begins on May 7 with Iron Man. Then it's one great popcorn flick after another. Vote for your most anticipated summer movie on the new survey at robshep.com.

Whew...I feel better now.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the plug for friday night, rob--it's going to be an AWESOME evening!

    you will do an amazing job on saturday with matthew. but if not, he totally won't remember. but if you drop him, i'm taking pictures to show when you do HIS wedding. HA.

    i love your mind dumps because that's how my mind always works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that list must have built up some incredible pressure in the old noodle. Thanks for the shout out. I am honored. (Note though, I am one "man", not many "men".)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, my pleasure. I hope Monica and I can make it. And that's my worst nightmare...dropping a baby. That's why I don't hold babies.

    Daniel, my bad. I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gracias for the blog shout-out! and yes, as you already know... I too am super-amped for the summer movie season being kicked off with Iron Man 2

    and i'm all for some lunch, hangtime, or hitting up some movies this summmer

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.