Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a brain dump of all the random stuff going on in my head.
  • Last night Derrick Phillips sent me a text with a picture of the new Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich. Derrick is a Community Group Facilitator at WEC and a member brought some to his group. The catch is the sandwich doesn't officially become available till June. So the next thing I know Derrick is headed over to my house and he brings me a sandwich. Let me just say it was lip smacking good.
  • It's playoff time in the NBA. The only bad thing about being a Lakers fan is that they play on the West Coast. Home games don't start till 10:30 PM my time. It's awful hard to stay up that late. Lucky for me my wife stayed up with me last night to watch the game. She's awesome!
  • Karen Smith, Director of Preschoolers and Kids, bought the WEC staff pedometers. She gave us a little challenge to keep track of our steps each day. She even gave us charts to write out our steps for the week. Yesterday = 10,876 for me.
  • I'm coming up on a really busy few weeks.
  • Friday I'm speaking with Lead Pastor Stu Hodges to the Leadership staff at the YMCA. I'm honored he asked me to join him.
  • Saturday I'm doing a wedding near Richmond for Rich Grasso. Rich is one of my Student Leaders and I'm honored to be a part of his special day.
  • Monica (my wife) and I have a Dr.'s appointment today. We are meeting with her OBGYN to talk about our next steps to get pregnant. I just talked to a couple that is pregnant with their second child via in-vitro. It was very interesting talking with them. It's expensive. She told me that they took out a loan. They said it's something that they did to buy a car, so why not for a baby? I mean a baby is a way better investment than a car.
  • I may or may not have bought a PS3. I received some money for a wedding and for speaking at a couple of Youth Ministry classes at Liberty University. Monica said it should be fun money. She said it's not money that we budgeted or count on. She said I should buy a Blue Ray player. I said that I might as well spend a little bit more and get a PS3. That way I'm getting a Blue Ray player and a game system. I really hate spending money on myself. I feel bad. I made sure I tithed 10% of the money back to God. I hope I wasn't foolish with the 90% I had left. After resisting for a few nano-seconds Monica talked me into buying it. I still have some money left over. I'm going to hold onto that for a little while.
  • I haven't bought any games for the PS3. It will be a little while before I do. I am however very excited to borrow Arkam Asylum from one of my students. It's a Batman game and I've heard it's most excellent.
  • I filmed the first of two new videos last night for our new series at WEC. It's called Capacity and the first video was ha-larious to film.
  • Excited to hang with Josh Bayne this weekend. Josh will be leading worship for us while Phil Poteat is on vacay.
  • Monica's last class of the semester for William & Mary is Thursday. I'm so proud of her! She's rocking her masters. 30 credits down and only 9 left. Even though I'm very proud of her I still let her know that my masters is higher than hers. William & Mary is a very prestigious school, but I have a Masters of Divinity. God trumps everything else every time.
  • Next week our staff is going to the Drive Conference in the ATL. It's a conference put on by North Point Community Church aka Andy Stanley's church. I'm very excited about it.
  • If you live in or near VA you should check out Whiteboard. It's one day, 7 influential leaders, for 30 minutes each.
  • I've been watching season 1 of the A-Team. Brings me back to my childhood and it pumps me up for the new movie!
  • I've really been digging Full Throttle Energy Drinks. What's your energy drink of choice?
  • Countdown 9 days till Iron Man 2 hits theaters. Can you dig it????!!!

Whew...I feel better now.

9 comments:

  1. Rob, I do hope you feel better now having gotten all of that out there. Two random bits of feedback. 1). I pray that you and M find a way to have the family you are seeking. 2). Coffee is my energy drink of choice. One last thing from Sunday. If you really could make one of your legs disappear, that would be a quick way to shed some pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, I love your blog... I especially love your mind dumps! We're praying for you and Monica while you're at the doctor this week. And for my drink of choice.... I'm definitely a coffee kind of girl!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel, thanks and you are one funny guy.

    Kim, thanks for reading! Special thanks for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only like coffee energy drinks... Like Starbucks double shots or the Monster variety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mind Dump is probably one of my favorite posts you have.
    -the PS3 is amazing! i have one and i love it! blu ray movies will look awesome on your tv!
    -I am planning on going to the midnight viewing of Iron Man 2 if Moriah's parents will let her.
    - also i am praying for you and Monica. Because i know y'all would be AMAZING parents!
    - finally i will be home for summer may 6th. which means sundays at WEC for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude, have ablast at DRIVE...its one of my favs...nice on the PS3 as wel...played Arkham with one of the kids i work with...its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant wait to try that chicken sandwich. I didn't realize it didn't come to stores until June, but can't wait to try it. We are praying for you and Monica. I don't really drink energy drinks. I drink a lot of diet soda...every energy drink I've ever tried kind of tastes like urine to me. Not that I've drank urine, but I can imagine it would taste like an energy drink. Maybe I'll have to give the ones you drink a try, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to check out Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for the PS3... its how I unwind after a long day at work... pretending to shoot up my co-workers... of course you wouldn't want to shoot up Stu, Phil and Jamey...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mind dumps Rob, I think they suit my attention span rather well. Congrats on the PS3, Arkham Asylum was definitely an awesome game. Last but not least: NOS is THE best energy drink. Great tasting and a great kick in the pants!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.