Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Community Group Fun

I love Mondays because of my Community Group. On Monday nights at 7 we meet to eat, discuss the Bible, and hang out. It's a lot of fun! Last night after our discussion we played a Minute To Win It game called Face the Cookie. In this game contestants must get a cookie from their forehead to their mouth by only using their facial muscles. It was a lot of fun.
Pictured Above: Brian was one of only two group members to get the cookie to his mouth
Pictured Above: My brother, Jon, was the first contestant to get the cookie to his mouth

Pictured Above: Brian, Lindsey, Nicole, and part of Katherine's nose

A couple of weeks ago our group got together on a Friday night to say goodbye to two members of the group. Matt and Kelly were moving to Belgium. We went to IHOP. At the end of our meal Matt surprised Kelly by asking if she would renew their vows. We left IHOP and went to Yorktown Beach, the place where they go married. Lucky for them I'm a pastor. Even luckier for them I did their wedding ceremony and I still had it. I read portions of their original ceremony and they renewed their vows. It was a great night.
Pictured Above: Yes we had a guys and girls table.

Pictured Above: There was a fly in my wife's toast. The manager's only response was "we won't charge you for the extra protein." Wow I say...wow.

Pictured Above: Matt asking Kelly to renew their vows.

Pictured Above: The ceremony at Yorktown Beach.


5 comments:

  1. Yay! I love community group! I can't believe it's almost been a year. It's obvious we're getting much more comfortable with each other based on our conversations! PS- The waiter said he wouldn't charge me for the extra meat. He followed this statement with no apology, but instead said, "It happens sometimes." We already miss Matt & Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob this was pretty cool. A spontaneous renewal. Nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love community group! We have so much fun with you guys! Rob, thanks for being an awesome leader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will have to play that game...
    and so cool on the machine renewing the vows...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, thanks! We love having you and Jon in group.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.