Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Making Out

I would love to know your thoughts about making out.

Maybe I'm legalistic about this. Maybe I'm old school. Maybe I live in a dream land. I believe that making out should be reserved for people who are in love. Before I was married I wanted to save my first kiss for my future wife. It was just my opinion that kiss is not just a kiss. A kiss is something special that you share with someone you care about.

Now when I started dating Monica I couldn't resist and we kissed. It was a couple of months into our relationship and I was in love. Monica was my first kiss. I've heard people say you need to practice before you get married. I don't know, maybe I just want to practice with someone I love. I waited 22 years before I ever kissed a girl on the lips. It was worth the wait.

I'd love to know your thoughts. Making out - no big deal or big deal?

6 comments:

  1. Big deal. It's been a LONG time since I've even thought about this, but physical affection is a slippery slope that's very difficult to put the breaks on. It's easy to think it's no big deal, but chances are good that things will progress beyond what you intend if your relationship us one of any length.

    If I were single I'd likely have a hard time followinging the advice and I'd want to push back against what I said, but it's a true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of a big deal to me. It means that the relationship is very serious. Not something I have done is a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big deal, it is very intimate. And I agree with DP, it is a very slippery slope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big deal for sure. If you don't think it is a big deal you are more than likely trying to justify your sin. There generally isn't much good that comes out of it when you aren't married, just added temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big deal. Too much physical affection leads to much sin sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't a big deal to me back in the day, but I'd say differently now. I wouldn't necessarily say you should save your first kiss for whoever you marry, but it should mean something.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.