Saturday, September 5, 2009

Obedience Part 2

Here's the point, Abraham obeyed and God provided a miracle. I'm already circumcised so I don't think that is what God is telling me to do. I do think that God is saying that the more I'm willing to obey the greater I will see Him work in my life. God gave Abraham a HUGE promise, that at 99 years old and with a really old wife he would become a father. But Abraham had to obey before he saw God's miracle.

Here's where this gets practical. God promises that if we pray He will capture our thoughts and protect us from worry and anxiety. When anxiety is consuming a person could it be because they aren't willing to obey and pray to God before worry sets in?

God promises to bless us when we give a percentage of our income back to Him. This is hard for anyone who has money, but if you want to receive God's promise you have to be willing to obey.

God promises that the words in the Bible will not come back void. That means that if we read and study the Bible it will make a difference in our life.

God promises to forgive us for our sins when we forgive others who have hurt us. This is something that is really hard to do. It's hard to forgive people when they hurt you, but if you care about having God move in your life then you have to be willing to forgive.

God gives us promises but in order to receive them they take a HUGE amount of faith, and the willingness to obey.

2 comments:

  1. Oftentimes I get tired of hearing "bible speak" or "Christian-ese". Just trust God, just obey God. I have no idea what this means sometimes. When a crisis comes around, I pray and pray and pray. What is supposed to happen? Why does God have to be so subtle and mysterious sometimes? I'll trust him if he makes himself clear. Should I do something? Should I wait for his plan? This leads to worry and anxiety, which are sinful in nature as they reveal the limits of our trust in him. This just leads to more worry and anxiety. Being a Christian can be so difficult at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, thanks for this one. i really needed it today.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.