Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One: A Student Experience

I'm amped for One: A Student Experience tonight at Waters Edge. It's a one time event to kick off the school year. Our entire Sunday production team is going to be there. Full band, tech crew, stage hands, and Lead Pastor Stu Hodges. We've never done anything like this just for Students. I'm fired up about it!

At the same time I'm pretty nervous. I don't know how many Students are going to come. I don't know if they will engage in worship. We are doing more worship then we do on Sundays at Waters Edge. I don't want this to just be an event. I want God to move. A lot of work has been put into tonight and my prayer is that God draws Students to Himself. I'm praying God uses the words I say, the songs we sing, and the segment that we will do to rock students worlds. If you remember pray that God moves in students lives tonight.

4 comments:

  1. I got a "robo-call" from someone named Rob Shepherd last night. What an amazing coincidence that he was talking about the same thing that you are in your blog today! Man, what are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol daniel. will keep you in our thoughts and prayers rob. i am sure it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man...I'll def. be lifting you up! It sounds awesome! Remember, God sends the Holy Spirit ahead of us...and that all we can do is be His Vessel. Some kids will respond, and some won't. We can't control it. As Paul said, some of us plant the seed, other water it, and still others may bring about the harvest. You may have students tonight who have had the seed planted, and watered, and you get to reap the harvest...others that you grow the seed, and still others, that for the first time will have the seed planted. No matter what the outcome, you will make an impact in the lives of students, and that's what God has called you to do...let Him take care of who responds and who doesn't! You do what He has for you, and it's well done good and faithful servant!

    Have fun and God Bless,

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was amazing! I was honored to serve back stage! You guys worked really hard and it paid off! It was so crazy moving to peek through the curtains and see all those students worshipping! It was so amazing! Thanks again for leading the students so well, Rob.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.