Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Miss Monica

So, Monica and her team have this great idea. The 3 of them teach 4 grade and throughout the year they cover a lot of history that involves Virginia. Anyway, her team decided to go on a road trip across VA and take pictures of all the historic stuff. Now when they teach it to their students they can show them actual pictures of where stuff went down. Great idea!

The only problem is it means she will be gone for 3 days. Today is her first day away. Before she left she made me a little piece of heaven called Buffalo Dip (see former post "Yummy!!! for a recipe). In my sorrow I ate it for lunch and then dinner. I may eat a little bit more for 4th meal. Thank God taco bell invented 4th meal. It's the meal after dinner and I may need one tonight. Make fun of me all you want, but I hate when she's gone.

4 comments:

  1. A. I teach with the greatest team in the world. B. I miss Rob way more than he misses me. Thanks for the shout out, Babe! -Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob,

    Your church sign post reminded me of how you pulled ones on us in High School...I remember almost verbatim one of them. Do you remember when, You told us about how you went to the Grocery Store and happened upon this old lady who was watching you and started crying, and she said you reminded her of her dead son, and wanted you to walk with her and so she did...and then when you got to the line, she asked if you could say bye Mom as she left...and then you did, and when you went to pay, you had her tab too because she told the clerk that my son will pay for it...then you went to chase her down in the parking lot and some old man started pulling your leg and then you said (much like im pulling your leg right now)

    I dont remember if there was some deep spiritual application that came after that story...but that story is firmly instilled in my Brain...some 6 or 7 years later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather...Thank GOD! Brian...good memory. I'm sure there was a spiritual point, but I don't remember what it was for that talk. I have since told that story at WEC and used it for a different point. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.