Friday, January 21, 2011

Practical Super Powers

I love super heroes. I love super heroes, but I think it would stink to be one. You could never tell anyone for fear that they'd expose your secret identity. You'd have an arch nemesis who would try to kill you on a weekly basis. If you went on vacation the crime in your city would rise and people would blame you.  Oh yeah and you'd have to wear tights.

I love super heroes, but most super powers are way too ambitious. Sure it'd be great to fly, turn invisible, run really fast, heal instantly, or have a spidey sense, but it would force you to do something great. You know "with great power comes great responsibility." Instead of a super power that would make me responsible for saving the world I'd like something practical. The following is a list of practical super powers...
  • The Super Shusher - I think my arch nemesis is loud people at the movie theater. I'd love to be able to give them a super shush that forced them to be silent for the rest of their lives the movie.
  • The Delegator - the super power to find other people who love doing what you hate to do.
  • The Matabolizor - a super mutant metabolism would come in handy.
  • The Sleeper - have you ever had a hard time falling asleep or lived with someone who does? How great would it be to have the super power to make people sleep? Your boss is mad at you...make them fall asleep. You do something embarrassing - make everyone in the room fall asleep. Maybe they'll think they dreamed it.
  • The Invisible Pooper - I am thankful that I'm a guy. I have a fear of public restrooms. Most of the time I don't have to sit down. But for those few times when I'm in public and I've got to go...I'd love to make it disappear.
  • The Cleaner - Laundry takes a lot of time. How cool would it be to have the super power of making clothes clean? Way cool!
  • The Itch Remover - I don't know what causes a rash-less back to itch but my back itches like a mug. It'd be great to have the super power to remove itchiness.
  • The Awkward Ender - Removing awkward situations in the blink of an eye.
  • The Unwrinkler - I don't like wrinkles. My wife might say they are my kryptonite. I even iron my gym clothes if they are really wrinkly. No more if I could blink my eyes and wrinkles would disappear. Now that's practical.
  • The Do Over - Sometimes you need a do over. In video games it's great because when you mess up you get to start over and try again. I'd love to have the super power to do over some things.
  • The De-trafficer - Traffic is a part of life and it stinks. What if you could remove the world of all the traffic? That'd be super!
So those are some of my ideas for practical super powers. What would yours be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.