Friday, January 28, 2011

I've Never Changed A Diaper

So I've never changed a diaper, and that is about to change.  My wife is 27 weeks pregnant with twins. When my lil brother's son was born I was there to experience the first diaper change. It was like Jed Clampett struck some bublin crude...oil that is, black gold, Texas tea...except it was gag nasty and nobody was getting rich off of it. I don't know what I'm going to do when I've got two pooping at me.

We recently were talking with some good friends of ours and they asked me if I had ever changed a diaper. When I said no my friend went on to tell me that before having his first of four kids he hadn't either. His wife then tells us that they were featured on America's Funniest Home videos and Oprah. Apparently they videoed one of his attempts to change a diaper and the results were gag-alarious (this is a made up compound word comprised of the words gag and hilarious). They emailed me the clip from America's Funniest Home Videos. My friend Tyler is the third clip featured and he's the one that is wearing the surgical gloves. If you go to Waters Edge you may recognize him...it's Tyler Bragg.



This scares the poo out of me. I might end up like the guy in the hazmat suit.

13 comments:

  1. It's not that bad. When my niece was born in March I volunteered to change her diapers immediately. Figured I should probably change at least one diaper before I had kids of my own. As newborns, they don't make a big mess (most of the time) - and as they grow (and their poo grows), you get better at it. Not to say that there's not gagging involved-- but at least not when they're teeny tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this video tons of times :). Good stuff! Just watch out for the stream from the lil boy--everyone gets pee in the mouth sometime :). You'll get good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mollie, that is gross. I will protect my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will see. I'm still not looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. andy still can't handle it. i think he would give me money instead of changing a diaper. if you need some practice.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um thanks, but I dont know if I can handle someone else's kid. I figure when it's my own I'll have no choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on, look at the bright side. Where else will you get you practice your dry heaves and encounter a stank generator so strong that it will peel the paint off your walls?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have definitely witnessed some of Connor's blow outs! It really isn't that bad. The worst ones to clean up are the ones like when the diaper doesn't contain it. Even then though, it can all be cleaned. Have you seen the pictures where Jonathan got poop on his pants when he was changing him at Mim and Did's? Connor was about a week old, and it was his first visit to their house. The pictures are hilarious. Some of my favorite hospital pictures are the ones where you're laughing so hard while Jon is changing Connor's diaper. You should probably get used to the idea that Hayden is going to pee on you at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This funny is hilarious but I can say ruthlessly and confidently, that those dudes are pathetic...I'm not saying it's not nasty, but breathe through your mouth, and keep some hand sanitizer...and as I'm being merciless to other dads, I realize and will admit I'd probably not want to change some other kids diaper...mine are fine though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *this video is hilarious*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I did fine changing my own kids' diapers, even the smelly ones, I remember having to change a gagnasty diaper at church one time (and my kids were still in diapers, so it wasn't like I was out of practice). I seriously gagged, and wanted to step away, but couldn't leave the kid on the table, so I changed it as I gagged and gagged, and am pretty sure I had some throw up in my mouth at some point.

    It is proof that your own kids' $#!% don't stink, but everyone else's does!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faith, this is a really funny comment.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.