Monday, January 24, 2011

The All New Mind Dump


My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another Mind Dump...
  • Did you notice the all new "Mind Dump" graphic? Love it! It's provided by Wes Draws.com.  I've recently discovered his blog and I like it a lot. He creates cartoons for a lot of his posts. I think he's mad creative. I asked if he would come up with something for the Mind Dump. Love it!
  • Speaking of new did you notice the new robshep.com logo animation at the top of the blog? It was provided by Mark, who is one of the guys in my Student Community Group. He was sick one day and decided to create a little something for me. Love it!
  • Have you noticed that Tupperware has improved it's quality? I've noticed that we have an increased amount of Tupperware. I would dare say it's a lifetime supply. I'm not sure where it all came from, but as I was putting it away the other day I noticed the improved quality.
  • In case you missed it on Facebook or on the blog we thought we were having twin boys, but now we are having a boy and a girl. I think the shock has finally worn off. We are very excited!
  • I don't think there are three babies in there, but a lot of other people do.  The ultrasound lady thought there was three in there at first. She then dropped the gauntlet and told us we were having a girl.
  • Speaking of the babies...robshep.com readers really like it when I post about them. My stats triple whenever I feature them in a post.
  • On the other hand readers don't really like super heroes. Friday's post was one of the lowest in two years. I'm not complaining I just thought it was interesting.
  • I ate at Pollo Loco over the weekend. It's unfair that they serve burritos. It's unfair because I compared it Chipotle. It was good, but it's no Chipotle.
  • Have you seen the movie The "A-Team?" It's definitely worth a rental.
  • I jogged the Noland Trail on Friday. It's five miles of unapologetic pain. I wish someone would pipe in the Rocky IV soundtrack as I waddled through that thing.
  • Are you watching the new season of American Idol? I watched last week and I think I'll keep watching. It's funny how the contestants are so much more starstruck over J-Lo and Steven Tyler then they ever were the past judges. It also seems like there is a plethora of 16 year olds.
  • If you've got nothing else to do take a second to vote on the newest survey at robshep.com. It's about American Idol.
  • So Michael Scott isn't going to be on the last four episodes of The Office this year. They are going to phase him out. What?
  • Super Bowl = Steelers vs. Packers. Who do you want to win?
  • I love the Super Bowl. I love the food, the friends, and the commercials.
  • Speaking of commercials they released a list of commercials that didn't make the cut for the Super Bowl. One of them is for a site where you sign up to have an affair. Apparently if you are traveling and want to have an affair there is a website for you. The other one that got rejected is Jesus hates Obama.  It's a commercial for a website. I'm so thankful that commercial didn't make the cut. I don't care if they are trying to be funny I'm not a fan of the name of that site. Dislike!
  • I spoke at Waters Edge yesterday. I normally don't get nervous speaking at WEC, but I was nervous yesterday. I was nervous because of the statement I made at the very beginning of the talk. If you are curious you can listen to it here.
  • A couple of weeks ago I got caught in the BLIZZARD OF 2011. I went for a jog and when I left it was sunny and nice out. 1.5 miles into the jog I got attacked by a blizzard. I couldn't see 5 feet in front of me. When I got home my wife said, I just posted on Facebook, "Rob left for a run in shorts & a t-shirt. Now it's snowing like crazy! I mean, should I go find him? He's gonna be a snowman on the road!" She didn't come get me. To her defense she didn't know it was snowing until I was almost home. She had her camera ready and took this picture...



  • This weekend is our first baby shower. I feel so blessed because people are really excited about it. I love that are twins aren't even born yet and other people care about them.
  • Monica and I went to dinner over at the Fowler's house. Josh Fowler is the uber gifted new Worship and Production Manager at Waters Edge. Susan Fowler is the world famous blogger at http://sepfowler.blogspot.com/.  Before we ate Josh said a prayer for the food. Him and Susan held hands so I held my hand out. I was joking. To my surprise Josh took my hand and then started praying. I started laughing so he stopped mid prayer. He thought it was a little strange, but he just went with it. I thought it was a very funny moment.
  • The guys in my Student Group have been making fun of my Call of Duty: Black Ops skills. Or should I say lack of skills. The thing that I enjoy most about this game is playing people I know. I don't care if I stink. I just like having fun and connecting with my Students.
  • From time to time I predate a blog post. What that means is that I write it and then tell it when to post. Multiple people have said to me that I'm cheating when I do this. I didn't know there were blogging rules.
  • In case you are curious I'm writing this at 10:35 on Sunday night. I'm slap tired. Preaching five times in one day wears me out. On that note I think I'm going to bed.
Whew...I feel much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.