Monday, January 31, 2011

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another Mind Dump...
  • I want an alarm clock that doesn't even have the alarm noise as an option. I want an alarm that whispers, "Rob it's time to get up. Today is going to be a most excellent day." I hate the noise that alarm clocks make.
  • Have you ever said "love you" while ending a phone conversation, but it wasn't to someone that you should have said "love you" to? When you work with Community Groups at Waters Edge you will spend a lot of time on the phone. This past week was one of those times. We formed new Community Groups and had to call a lot of Facilitators. Apparently to end one phone call Mr. Anderson (AKA Steven Anderson - Community Groups Manger) said, "love you, bye" to one of our Facilitators.  I'm not sure he has even met the guy he was talking to. I'm not sure if I should be impressed with the way that he's trying to connect or scared. It was really funny.
  • I don't know about you but I kind of like this year's American Idol better then the last couple of years. I liked Simon, but I got tired of the judges fighting with each other. I have been very impressed with Steven Tyler and JLo. I'm liking this season a lot so far.
  • I love that people care so much about my wife. Last week I had to work late at the office. Monica posted on my face book page, "Just hurry." It's what she says when I'm delayed to go to bed because I'm blogging, playing a video game, or just feeling too lazy to move.  Apparently some people interpreted that as Monica was going into labor. It got a lot of comments from concerned friends. I love that people care so much. Love it...but it was funny.
  • So Will Ferrell is going to do 4 episodes of the Office. I like what Toby (character on the show and one of the producers) said, “We found Steve Carell when he was nothing but a movie star and we turned him into a television star...We are proud to continue The Office‘s tradition of discovering famous talent...” This should be funny.
  • I still really like the "Mind Dump" graphic from Wesdraws.com. What do you think?
  • Besides just sitting around and surfing on Youtube I'm not sure how people find so many Youtube videos. I like having those people in my life. You know the ones? They have seen a million different Youtube videos and reference them often.
  • Videos like the human ventriloquist...very funny...
  • My mom will randomly call me and ask to take me to lunch. I love this, but what makes me love it even more is that she requests Chipotle. My dad doesn't love it so she gets her fix by taking me to lunch. Love it.
  • This past week we went to lunch and she surprised me with a Superman onesie for Hayden and a Wonderwoman onesie for Reese. Our twins have almost three months till they arrive and they already have awesome stuff.
  • Speaking of awesome stuff. We got a Lakers dress in the mail from our friend Kim. It's AMAZING! Reese will rock it!
  • Oh yeah and she already sent two Lakers onesies, but since Reese became a girl two weeks ago she went back the drawing board and started over. Thanks Kim.
  • Lindsey Brooks is a friend of the blog and now the painter of our nursery and guest bath. We had a wall that needed to be painted and she volunteered to do it. Now some will think, "why didn't Rob paint that room?" I could have and would have but I had something every night last week and Monica wanted it done ASAP. We had been waiting on our house to sell. Since it didn't sell we now have to get things ready. Oh and I painted the second coat in the bathroom.
  • Speaking of our house...we had a couple look at the house and they loved it. They really loved it. They loved it until they pulled out a compass and found out the front door was facing north. What? Are you kidding me. I still can't fathom this.
  • I recently received an email that said, "Congratulations you've qualified for help with your diabetes." I'm not sure that I should qualify before I have the disease. Is diabetes a disease? Anyway I hope I don't ever get diabetes, but I guess if I do it will be nice to know that I've qualified for help.
  • dc Talk is still one of my favorite bands. I recently pulled out "Free At Last." This album came out when I was in 9th grade. I still love it! In fact I was head bobbin hard core to it while listening to it in my car. I think I got caught jamming out, but I don't care. It was fun.
  • I watched Gremlins 2 on my day off. That movie is awful. It might be one of the worst sequels every made. On Facebook/Twitter I asked what other sequels should make the worst ever list. The responses included Sandlot 2 & 3, Grease 2, Speed 2, Spiderman 3, Indiana Jones 4, Star Wars The Phantom Menace, and Titanic 2...um wait a second there is a Titanic 2? There is but it has nothing to do with James Cameron's Titanic. I watched the preview online and it's some modern day boat called Titanic 2. It looked awful.
  • I also watched "More than a Game." It's a documentary about Lebron James and his 4 best friends from high school. Loved it!
  • Who is going to win the Super Bowl? Vote now on the newest poll.
  • That's all  of my random thoughts. What's going on in your world?
Whew...I feel better now.

14 comments:

  1. ha. love that vid...and the steelers are winning the super bowl...just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff today my friend. I didn't get a chance to say howdy yesterday (strange, but I am not a western-type cowboy). Anyway, cool to see inside your head (yuk). Have a great day. Love you. (Yeah that is awkward.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time reading your blog and I totally enjoyed it..I was confused for a second cause I missed that Reese had turned into a girl..lol..I agree with your assessment of American Idol..and being originally from Pittsburgh want to let you know that the Steelers WILL win the superbowl..thx for the entertainment and have a wonderfully Blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whooo hoo! i got a shout out! so happy to help with the painting. i love to bless people!! and my boys LOVE "wob's woom" (rob's room spoken in james's lispy speak!). it is like their heaven--video games, superheroes, guitars, and more superheros.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey, thanks again. I'm glad the boys like wob's room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, welcome to the blog. I'm so glad that you stopped by. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel, not awkward at all my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, great mind dump. You are so creative & funny. Go Steelers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So when Monica wrote "just hurry" I also thought that she was might be in labor, but didn't want to seem like I wanted in on all the juicy gossip, so I didn't comment. Glad to know she just wanted you home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's funny. You have our number. You could call next time. I just don't want it to be like the boy who cried wolf and when something does happen no one comes to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. Anderson made my day and I will forever remind him of the day that changed the way I end phone calls with strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic post...
    North facing doors are such a turn off.. what with all their no direct sunlight and cold shouldering the south.

    ReplyDelete
  13. - my roomate's mom in college accidentally said "I love you" after a phone conversation

    - love free at last...every song is a slam dunk

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.