Friday, January 14, 2011

Awkward Things That Will Definitely Happen If You Work With Humans

The following is a list of some awkward things that will definitely happen if you work with other humans. DISCLAIMER: I cannot confirm or deny that I've ever done any of the things on this list, nor can I confirm or deny that any of the WEC employees have ever experienced these awkward things that will definitely happen to you if you work with humans.  
  1. If you work with humans you will hear one of them fart.
  2. If you work with humans you will walk into some one's office right after they have farted. If they are your boss don't say a thing. If you are their boss then it's ok to call them out. If you are an equal then it's up to you.
  3. If you work with humans you will hear some one's stomach digest out loud. I hate when this happens to me. It's so embarrassing. It's not a fart but it's like your stomach is preparing other employees for what is about to come out.
  4. If you work with humans you may not see London or France, but it is a guarantee that at some point you will see some one's underpants. Be careful when you bend down to pick something up unless you don't care that your office mates know the style and color of your under garments.
  5. If you work with humans you will catch or at least think you catch someone picking their nose.
  6. If you work with humans you will regret it when someone cooks stinky leftovers in the microwave. You will smell it for the rest of the day. No one knows why, but for some reason food cooked at work just stinks more then when you nuke it at home.
  7. If you work with humans you will catch someone on Facebook. When you get caught you can either pretend that they won't see your screen or you can try to quickly click on something else. No matter what you do people will catch you.
  8. When you work with humans you will discover that not all people think the same candles/room deodorizers smell good. In fact some people appreciate things that just plain stank.
  9. If you work with humans you will catch someone wearing the same pair of jeans two or sometimes three days in a row.
  10. If you work with humans you will know who has stinky breath.
So that's my list. Did I leave anything off?

6 comments:

  1. SO glad that my office is right next to yours. If you've caught me doing anything I hope it's picking my nose vs. seeing my underwear! aghh! #horrifed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Rob, your (Victoria's) "secret" is safe with me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you covered it all. Funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horton, you are safe. I've never seen any of this from you. The guys on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my time volunteering at the WEC offices, I also learned which folks still have issues with bed wetting. It's amazing what you learn just being around others. However, it really does sound that WEC folks have issues on a whole notha' level my friend. Oh and by the way, I tend to wear the same jeans every day for a couple of weeks before I wash them. Isn't this normal/expected for guys?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it bad that on any given day I partake in many of those and don't care the least? Your stomach grumbles much less if you just get whats in there outta there.
    Note, you also will know:
    Who forgot their deoderant for the day.
    Who woke up late and didn't shower.
    Who has trouble brewing in their lives.
    Who lives out their faith in the work place.
    What someone really thinks about the person that just left the room or got off the phone.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.