Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What If God Wired You To Be Negative?

Some people are naturally bent towards negativity. It's not that the glass is half full or empty...it's more that the glass has smudges, and the beverage in the glass is gag nasty.  Now a negative person may spend more time devoting to all things negative, but even the most optimistic person visits negative land from time to time.

What if negativity was a God given reaction? What if a negative bent is actually the way that God wired you? What if optimistic people actually need negative people?

It's my experience that negative people often see a side of life that positive people miss. Call it a critical eye or just a gift of being critical. What they see if often right.  The problem with being negative is that it often doesn't come with any solutions. Whether you live in negativeville or just visit it from time to time try harnessing your negativity for something good. Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

You can either be part of the solution or you can add to the problem. It's hard to control our emotions...especially when they turn negative, but if you committed to fix the problem you'd actually be using your negativity for good.  The next time negative thoughts take over your mind find a solution to the problem.  Complaining doesn't change anything. It just spreads negativity and makes things worse.  Before you complain think of a solution and then present it to someone who can do something about it. That's they way you become part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

7 comments:

  1. Do something? Well that would make me uncomfortable. I would have to do something that I don't ordinarily do. But the weather is too cold. My back has been nagging at me lately. I'm sick of trying and getting hurt. Everyone always seems to take me for granted. I really don't get along with most people. Oh wait, ..., am I being negative again? O.K., I'll at least think about what you said ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't buy it! "God just made me that way" trumps "Satan made me do it." Either of these flawed alibis absolves the person from taking responsibility or acknowledging they have a problem, let alone, seeking change. A healthy person has a full range of emotions and balances reality with both positive and negative responses, but the habitually, unrelentingly negative person has some issues that can and need to be resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Its so easy to be negative...I want to set a positive example for my kids. It changes so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shepherdm, you might have missed the point of this post. I'm not saying you shouldn't change your negativity I'm saying use your negativity for good. Some people are just more naturally negative. Sure they can change, but they just see the glass as half full. It doesn't mean they should be rude it just means that is how they lean. I'm saying use that for some good by adding to that negative thought a solution for the problem you see. Sometimes the glass is half empty and other peopel miss it. It's the critical/negative persont hat sees it as it is. The problem is they often tear down things and don't bring a positive solution.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.