Monday, November 15, 2010

Mrs. Robert Christopher Shepherd's Birthday

Today my wife turns 31.
  • At the age of 31, French Egyptologist Jean Francois Champollion deciphered the Rosetta stone. I'm not sure what that is, but my wife often translates Spanish words before they get explained in movies and on TV.
  • At 31, British physician Thomas Wedgwood produced the first photograph.My wife loves photographs. Thanks to her I have every second of my life documented through pictures. Love it.
  • At 31, Eli Terry produced clocks with interchangeable parts. He also introduced the free-trial, no-money-down sales method. My wife doesn't have interchangeable parts, but she does know how to tell time. She's often very patient with me when I'm running late.
  • At 31, Gregory Pincus achieved in-vitro fertilization of rabbits. Later he invented the birth control pill. My wife experienced in-vitro fertilization and like a rabbit she's producing multiple babies.
  • At 31, Dennis Kucinich was the youngest person ever elected to lead a major American city (Cleveland). No offense, but it's Cleveland. How major of an accomplishment is that? Lebron James. Nuff said. Anyway my wife is the youngest person living in my house.
I've heard it said that people use their 20's to figure things out. It's in their 30's that they really start living. Monica didn't wait to hit 30. She's driven, accomplished, and fabulous. Monica is an amazing wife. At the age of 31 she will receive her Masters degree, birth not one but two babies, and celebrate 10 years of marriage. Those are not small accomplishments. In fact I'd say they are amazing accomplishments. Some people fear getting old. I look forward to getting old with Monica. She makes every year significant. Happy Birthday wife.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiment. You just keep showing me the reality of "If you want a marriage that few people have ...". Hope you two have a wonderful, blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...just awww...very nice Rob...Happy B-Day to Monica!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to monica!! 31 is a FANTASTIC age. it is going to be the best for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Monica! I turned 31 this year, too! Not scary at all ;-) Rob, such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you Monica. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially liked your fourth comment! Ha! Happy Birthday to your wife...nice sentiment man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really cracked me up! So creative and sweet! Hope Monica has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Mon!

    Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks babe! I am the luckiest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice effort man. You are one of the neatest husbands I know.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.