Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Olympic Run

On Thanksgiving I'm planning on jogging in a 5k. The last time I moved as a part of a race it didn't go so well for me.  I was in the third grade. It was for the Boy Scouts, and it was the annual Boy Scout Olympics. I was living in Germany and the BS Olympics were held in Munich. The Olympic stadium in Munich is famous for the terrorist attack during the 1972 Summer Olympics.  Oh, and just to clarify, for this blog BS stands for Boy Scouts. 

For some reason I didn't get the memo that we didn't have to wear our BS uniforms during the BS Olympics. It doesn't makes sense to me now, but as a third grader I guess it made sense to wear the official uniform. I entered many events, including a relay race. I don't remember the distance that we ran. The only thing I remember, is that when it was my turn to run, my BS pants kept falling down. During the race I had to keep hoisting them up the entire run.  It must have been pretty noticeable because I remember people laughing. I also remember hearing about it when I went back to school. I'm hoping that this Thanksgiving 5k turns out better than the BS run. I'm thinking I'll wear suspenders just in case. I'll keep you posted.

11 comments:

  1. that is AWESOME!! i know what you have to wear for the Wicked 10k next year!!

    which race are you running in? i'm sure we could get a group to run it and support you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing new stories about you! Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man look at you. I mean you have grown up so fast. It seems like just yesterday you were wheezing about your own little neighborhood, hiding in the shadows and avoiding the street lamps. Now, you are set to run in a real race. With real people. In public. Wow, I am starting to tear up. So wonderful! Where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it the Toys for Tots 5k on Thanksgiving morning? If so, it's a great way to start Thanksgiving weekend. The scenary is beautiful, the people are super nice and it's for a great cause! If we're talking the same race, our family will see you there! If not, run your heart out and eat twice as much, you'll deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your run! Suspenders sound like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This made my day... so funny! Good luck! We're running a race on Thanksgiving too so we'll be thinking about you!

    P.S. We are so excited for you and Monica! You both and the babies are in our thoughts and prayers!

    P.S.S. We will be at WEC on Christmas Eve! CANNOT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay. It was great to see a comment with your name on it. I can't wait to see you both on Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, I don't know. It might be. I'm waiting on my brother to decide which one he wants to run in. We were supposed to book it two weeks ago. I'm running in one, but it's TBD which one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsey, I don't know yet. I'm waiting on my brother to decide. We were supposed to pick it two weeks ago. Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  10. nope. i've not been a runner on thanksgiving to care which race is a good one :) but i suppose this year could be different!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.