Friday, November 12, 2010

Beautiful People

It's been said that it's not easy being beautiful. I know. I'm the best looking over weight, balding, average height guy I know.  For me I think it has to do with where I was born. Springfield Missouri just produces pretty people. Brad Pitt is from there. Technically he was born in Oklahoma, but he was raised in Springfield. That should count for something.  I digress.

Some people are just naturally beautiful. If a female ever catches my eye there are a few things I will do to protect my mind from doing anything else other than appreciating her beauty.  I've bounced my eyes. That's where I drastically turn the other direction to not allow a second glance. There have been times where I look at my wedding ring to remind me of what I have. I have also been known to remind myself that, no matter how pretty, she still farts. I know that sounds crass, but for some reason knowing that something beautiful does something gross helps. 

It's this realization, that beauty still comes with gas, that helps keep my mind in reality.  The reality is that no matter how pretty someone is they still come with faults. A lot of times we create an imaginary reality in our minds. It feels real, but it's unrealistic and unhealthy. Nobody has it all together. Nobody is perfect. Nobody is flawless. I want to get to know people past their made up selves. That means that I have to keep my mind in reality.  It means understanding that no matter how good looking someone is they will come with farts flaws. 

7 comments:

  1. I like the way you think. You keep it real. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Mike, they will. Just give em a lil Plaza and it will flow freely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't have gas in my dreams .... (and neither do I).

    ReplyDelete
  4. it IS difficult, but i'm getting used to it. hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it rob! I'm so going to quote this... a lot...

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.