Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another mind dump...
  • Tomorrow is just another day...that you'll never forget. At 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time robshep.com will be making a special announcement.
  • Tomorrow I'm jogging in my first 5K. My goal is to not come in last. In order not to come in last I'll take out a senior citizen, a kid under the age of 11, or anyone else that I can trip. 
  • I'm trying to prep myself to not bolt out the gate when the gun goes off. I'm pretty competitive so I can see myself sprinting and then not finishing the race.
  • A handful of people have asked what motivated me to start jogging. It all started when a friend of mine got bit by a bat. I was scared that she might get rabies, so I formed a 5K fun run to raise money for the cure of rabies. Oh wait...that's from an episode of The Office.
  • The real reason that I started jogging was because of a video I saw on Tyler Stanton's blog. This video is very inspirational...
  • I've been fat my whole life. I'll probably always be fat, but this video inspired me to start jogging. So far I've lost 7 lbs and as you know I'm about to jog in my first 5K. That's huge coming from a guy who believes that the only reason someone should run is if someone is chasing them. And the only reason someone should train to run is if you know in advance that someone is going to chase you.
  • I had to pay $25 to jog in this race. It kind of felt like buying bottled water. I have water for free and yet I've often paid high dollar for water in a bottle. I can jog for free, but why not pay $25 to run with a bunch of people?
  • Are you going shopping on Black Friday?
  • If you ever see NBA 2K11 for PS3 Facebook, Twitter, Text, or leave me a message. I can't find that game anywhere. I had a gift card that I was going to use for it, but it's been sold out everywhere.
  • There are not many things that I HATE in this life. I try to be a lover not a hater. I do hate lima beans, having to do something twice (like when I bend down to pick something up and it slips out of my fingers), and the thought of wearing a thong. It's not on my list yet, but PC computers are quickly gaining ground for things I hate. This post was supposed to be up by 7:45 AM, but do to massive technical difficulties it did not. Out of frustration I told Monica that from now on it will be worth it to save the extra money and buy a Mac. Uhhhh!!!!
  • This week is a week to be thankful. I'm thankful for DVR, people who mow lawns for a living (if I had the money I'd never take care of a lawn again), the hair that is left on my head, and the person who came up with the phrase - righty tighty, lefty loosey. That guy has saved me a lot of time over the years.
  • I love wings. I used to not like hot wings, but I'm now a fan. Where is your favorite place to get wings? I really like Quaker Steak and Lube. Maybe I can get some wings on Thanksgiving.
  • Have you ever tried to sell your gold jewelery? There are a lot of commercials that make me feel like I'd become rich if I sold my high school class ring. I don't know anyone who has made any money by selling gold jewelry.
  • Have you ever plucked a nose hair? It not only hurts, but it makes you sneeze like a Snuffaluffagus. You know that hairy thing from Sesame Street that looks like an elephant? I don't know how he sneezes, but I bet it's crazy. My nose hairs grow like I snort Rogaine. I have clippers but every once in a while one will slip out and I have to pluck it.
Whew...I feel much better now.

13 comments:

  1. I'll be rooting for you tomorrow, especially when it comes to taking out some elderly race participant. I feel like a NASCAR enthusiast who only watches for the crashes! Seriously, good job. When it comes to nose hairs (not knows hares), some folks pull them out when they need to stay awake but they keep drifting off. Hey, that gives me an idea. If you start to get bored while jogging and start feeling a bit drowsy ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sold a little gold chain that was broken and bracelet and got $170 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang. Thanks Kristi. I might just have to find some broke gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to my first "gold party" next week, but I've heard from other moms and our preschool teachers, they've made good money this way. One of my daughters' teachers made $500 just for hosting the party, she didn't even sell any jewelry!
    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brett has NBA2K11 for his PS3 if you want to try it out until you can find it. Good luck tomorrow. Great goal. Black Friday is only fun if you go with a group and you have a plan. Otherwise..I can get the same deals from my house online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got inspired to run like you and ran my first 5K in 2/08 and a 1/2 marathon in 3/10. Let tomorrow be YOUR race. Great job! I see P90X in your future. That is Inspirational (just watch the infomercial). Faith and I did it this summer. WOW! It also is life changing. BRING IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard that you actually shouldn't pluck your nose hairs. You should trim them. Plucking them puts you at risk for an infected hair follicle which could then lead to an infection that travels to your brain....that can't be good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missy that's the scariest thing I've read all day. I hope that's not true cause I pluck those bad boys on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve, thanks! I'll have to try P90X...in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bernadette, thanks. I'll take you up on that. I'd love to play it before I buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. That's great. Kim enjoy your Turkey day as well.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.