Friday, November 27, 2009

Movie Review: The Blind Side

The Blind Side is one of the best movies I've seen this year. It's heart warming, funny, and inspirational. It has something for everyone in your family.

The Blind Side stars Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw (yes the country music superstar). The film is based off the real life story of Michael Oher, a NFL lineman. Oher was on the streets, and a below average student when a family took him into their lives. This movie has something for everyone, sports, drama, humor, and an engaging story. It's also one of Sandra Bullock's best performances. It's rated PG-13 for brief violence, and a few swears. I give it two thumbs way up.

Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD.
One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.
Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it.
Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD

6 comments:

  1. saw this yesterday... and LOVED it! Totally agree with your assessment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! i was sold from the previews and word-of-mouth, so i was glad it delivered... and then some

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Author www.robshep.com !
    I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are mistaken. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.