Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Conflict Part 1

I learned in a college psych class about Flight or Fight. According to Flight or Fight we all have a tendency to either flee confrontation or fight when a problem arises. For me I'm a bona fide flighter. I hate confrontation.

Because I hate it I have a hard time talking to someone when they hurt my feelings. I analyze it to death, have conversations in my head, and then dismiss the issue because I convince myself it's not that big of a deal.

Here's what I've learned with conflict...it shouldn't be avoided. Conflict should be handled with care and done in a respectful way, but if you avoid it the problem it never goes away.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. I don't like conflict either. I get upset when people are angry. I usually rationalize reasons why I shouldn't bring issues up, too.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.